Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Cobb AP3 - Catalyst Temp hotter than the sun!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CBStrick 
#1 ·
Hopefully Cobb can chime in if this is a software update issue that needs to be patched...

So, I know that Catalyst Temp is a calculated figure; but upon arriving at work today, I noticed that my AP3 said that the max Cat temp was 2,862,686*F. Platinum melts at 3,500*F...

I may be wrong (sarcasm), but I highly doubt my cat reached temperatures ~290 times hotter than the surface of the sun...

Anyone else monitoring Cat temp?

What gives?

#2 ·
Sounds like you are running your motor with that 200 octane racing gas waaaayyy too lean there!

:saint:

But seriously, I've never seen this. The times I have monitored catalyst and exhaust flange temps they have always been as expected in absolute values as well as behavior, with cat temp lagging and then overshooting increases in flange temp (as it should be).

I'd contact Cobb, but doing a firmware update and a reflash may also be a good thing to do (if you don't mind your OAR resetting).

Hope that helps,
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.