Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

First post! Anyways, bought a new ST about two months ago and went with the Cobb Stage 1 Kit. I hooked the access port to my computer first and powered up fine. After I made sure it was updated I got into the car and plugged it in, pressed the start button without the clutch, and didn't get any power to it. So, I grabbed my USB cable and plugged it in from the USB1 port, and it powered on fine. Not sure if anyone has had an issue with this before but I checked the fuses and everything looks legit. It's kind of weird having to use that USB port but it works.

I don't think there's any problem with the AP considering it did the tune, but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this before. I can't figure out why my OBD isn't powering it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
how long did you wait for the AP to power on when you hit the start button? mine usually takes about 10 seconds to power on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it plugged in for a minute or two just to make sure. I didn't get the AP to turn on when I did that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine powers from obd no issues. Sometimes takes a while to turn on. Haven't tried USB at all

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If you use the "Turn on with vehicle" feature it sometimes tricks it up and it acts screwy. At least in my case. Like if I start my car, then I turn it off and turn it back on again quickly, the AP will stay off for like 4 minutes while I'm driving down the road before realizing "oh sh**" and turning on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the fuse again and it looks fine. I'll check that turn on with car feature. The USB deal isn't terrible by the way but it's just unclean and doesn't look professional. I turned it on earlier without the USB and that was a mistake. Lights started flashing on the dash, LCD stated engine fault, steering fault, hill assist unavailable, and I then had to unplug it to turn off the car. That definitely freaked me out. With that said, I know something isn't working there but there is something communicating with the car. I did start it back up with it unplugged and everything was normal.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have never had to plug into anything other than the OBDII port to get power. Have you reached out to Cobb to see what they say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts