Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is a duplicate post I tried searching but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have a full "stage 3" car with all my parts being CP-e; Delta core intercooler, alpha intake, catless DP, hot and cold charge pipes, blah blah blah and according to my COOB accessport gauge my estimated torque with a stage 3 ots tune is about 247lbs max. I set it back down to the "stage 0" stock emulated tune and saw 287lbs of estimated torque but I was also getting a lot more ignition corrections so I went back to the COBB ots "stage 3". I have the Stratified tune for my current parts list but I cannot get the OAR down with the horrible gas in my area and the corrections on that tune are worrisome enough that I do not run it. My question is how accurate is the COBB estimated torque gauge? I am pretty pissed that I according to that I am making less than stock. I know a dyno is the only way to truly measure power and I will get there one day once winter is over and my snow tires come off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would start with two things :)

Find a nice FLAT length of road and pull some logs going in both directions (3rd or 4th gear) and slap them into virtual dyno - its still not as good as the real thing BUT its actually pretty accurate.
Toss that COBB OTS map out the window (take the above logs first for proof after) and get even an OTS tune from someone else, personally I went with and am very happy with Stratified.

I never even tried the COBB maps so a few months back I gave it a shot and wow - car felt like it was in limp mode in comparison.

Since you have crap gas like me, I would also get the tune refinement, they will get you all dialed in so that your OAR will settle out and stop the large/frequent corrections.

I do not know how est trq is calculated, probably just based off the trq/load tables and whatever cell you are currently in based on other parameters. Probably totally bogus for getting a measurement - more likely just a reference point used by the ECU.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running the stratified tune again now and it definitely feels so much better than the COBB OTS. I ordered the Stratified 8.1 tune update and will see how that goes. Hopefully that sorts out some issues. I should grab some data logs soon just to check the difference.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
@methodicreign the estimated torque value on the AP3 is highly inaccurate. My car vdynos 360ft/lb of torque at state 3 catless with half a gallon of e85 for good measure...AP3 will read 250 all day. Don't pay it any mind

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Reactions: BizarroST
1 - 9 of 9 Posts