Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere there was a Cobb tune that would give better fuel mileage but wasn't the Stage 0 tune. Do they have a fuel economy tune? I didn't see one on their site. The people were saying they were getting 37 mpg on the freeway. Just curious since I have a long trip planned for the summer

·
Registered
613 Posts
One of the slots on their tunes is the low boost econ map. It pretty much just lowers boost or runs wastegate pressure only. In my experience, these tunes were a waste of time, your right foot and how you drive will determine your mpg. Econ tune can't work miracles.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I agree with @aaronc7 , I have the low boost map and have not used it once as your will power in your right foot will do exactly the same thing on your normal map.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realize the right is responsible for the majority of the fuel mileage but if I get better mileage with the cruise set on one speed for a few hours of freeway driving it's worth looking into or trying

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read somewhere there was a Cobb tune that would give better fuel mileage but wasn't the Stage 0 tune. Do they have a fuel economy tune? I didn't see one on their site. The people were saying they were getting 37 mpg on the freeway. Just curious since I have a long trip planned for the summer
Hi, when I purchased my AP 3 and looked at the map notes read about the slot 1 being only a "pseudo economy" mode, then I started looking for the true economy mode but didnt have any luck.

If you take a deep reading, it seems like the slot 1 psude eco mode only lowers boost, and thats it, and Im actually having better mpg with the stage 1 91 map.

As you, I asked around but ppl answers were the same as the ones in this thread. "is in your foot" "economy is your driving style" etc etc.

That map should be somewhere!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
The current Cobb tunes load with map slot 1 active. Example Stage 1 93 loads with slot 1 on and full performance is active etc. Economy mode is located in map slot 2 on the current Cobb tunes and is no longer a separate tune like before that had to be loaded separately. I have not done any comparisons of MPG but I do like this set up as it allows you to change from economy mode to full power on the fly without having to load a different tune. I realize this is late response to the OP but hopefully it will help others with similar questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The current Cobb tunes load with map slot 1 active. Example Stage 1 93 loads with slot 1 on and full performance is active etc. Economy mode is located in map slot 2 on the current Cobb tunes and is no longer a separate tune like before that had to be loaded separately. I have not done any comparisons of MPG but I do like this set up as it allows you to change from economy mode to full power on the fly without having to load a different tune. I realize this is late response to the OP but hopefully it will help others with similar questions.
I'll look into this. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts