Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cobb AP powers on but won't connect to my ECU. Even had trouble getting my laptop to connect to it. It did eventually. Anybody else have this issue? I searched for updates but I'm already running the latest version. Not good cuz I'm getting ready to get a new tune... Lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was gonna say try a different cable, but if the laptop is having trouble (different cable different port) then more than likely it is an issue with the APV3. I would contact Cobb.
I did... Sure I'll hear back soon. Was just hoping someone else may've had this issue at some point. Or maybe I was missing something obvious. Only screen I can't access is the Guages screen. It let me reset the ECU... Lol. It went through the motions anyway...

·
Registered
979 Posts
I did... Sure I'll hear back soon. Was just hoping someone else may've had this issue at some point. Or maybe I was missing something obvious. Only screen I can't access is the Guages screen. It let me reset the ECU... Lol. It went through the motions anyway...

Never heard of that issue, sounds like the APV3 unit is acting up for sure. BTW most of the issues I have seen with the Accessport are failure to connect and it turns out to be a bad cable. Your issue is something I have never seen before, so it is not very common.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never heard of that issue, sounds like the APV3 unit is acting up for sure. BTW most of the issues I have seen with the Accessport are failure to connect and it turns out to be a bad cable. Your issue is something I have never seen before, so it is not very common.
I assumed that's what it was. But the mini USB or whatever acting up too? Still tore the cable out and gonna order one... Thanks freebird...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update... After contacting Cobb I got a couple of responses. I didn't hear back for a couple of days. I called today... And the fella I spoke said that he suspected "voltage dip" since the other functions worked (I used the unit last nite to clear a CEL code). Told me to get my battery checked. So.... I did not get my battery checked... I said f*** it, and reset the AP to factory settings... Now the gauges work... All fixed... Go figure... Shoulda done it earlier ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.