Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What map should I install I just picked up a accessport and I have few parts in car a intake cat-back and rmm, wondering if a base map is what I should stick with.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Is it ok to use stage 1 map if all parts are not cobb?
Brand of the parts doesn't matter. It'll work the way it should as long as you have the correct part in general.

Stage 1 is considered a car with an intake installed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand of the parts doesn't matter. It'll work the way it should as long as you have the correct part in general.

Stage 1 is considered a car with an intake installed.
Ok and with what I have installed all I need is a fmic to go stage 2? Waiting for the depo to become available

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/Ford+Focus+ST+Map+Notes

Map Notes

Stage1 Maps
Intake Requirements: Stock airbox with stock/COBB air filter, or COBB intake system
Exhaust requirements: Stock exhaust, or COBB catback exhaust system

Stage2 Maps
Intake Requirements: COBB front mount intercooler or equivalent and COBB intake system or equivalent

Stage3 Maps
Intake Requirements: COBB front mount intercooler or equivalent and COBB intake system or equivalent
Exhaust requirements: COBB catted downpipes or equivalent and COBB catback exhaust system or equivalent

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/Ford+Focus+ST+Map+Notes

Map Notes

Stage1 Maps
Intake Requirements: Stock airbox with stock/COBB air filter, or COBB intake system

Stage2 Maps

Stage3 Maps
Exhaust requirements: COBB catted downpipes or equivalent and COBB catback exhaust system or equivalent

Hope that helps,
Mark

One last question after you load the tune do you need to keep accessport on mount or can u keep it in glovebox unplugged I don't want it stolen?

·
Registered
979 Posts
One last question after you load the tune do you need to keep accessport on mount or can u keep it in glovebox unplugged I don't want it stolen?
Your preference, once it's flashed it's done. Most of us keep it mounted to monitor gauges and health of tune and fuel

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your preference, once it's flashed it's done. Most of us keep it mounted to monitor gauges and health of tune and fuel
So it stays on ecu once it's unplugged? I will do that while driving but if going to be parked I wanted to lock it up

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
So it stays on ecu once it's unplugged? I will do that while driving but if going to be parked I wanted to lock it up
The tune file and firmware is indeed flashed to the ECU. Post-flashing, the AP becomes a real-time monitoring tool and log file collector. So the car runs no differently post-flash with the AP connected or disconnected.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts