Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After the firmware update that caused the gauges to reset I redid the gauges I wanted and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks it reset again, so I did the changes again and you guessed it 2 weeks later it happened again, fast forward to this morning when this has happened a third time.

It's not a huge deal but gets very frustrating wasting 5 minutes resetting gauges. Is there a fix for this and has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've had this happen with mine as well. Ill put the auto on/off feature on and it likes to forget it at times and then I have to re enable it. I've resorted to just unplugging the AP for now. I am on 1.7.3.0-15255

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had this happen with mine as well. Ill put the auto on/off feature on and it likes to forget it at times and then I have to re enable it. I've resorted to just unplugging the AP for now. I am on 1.7.3.0-15255
Yer it is ****ting me at the moment as I am moving state and don't have access to my PC to update it. I will get back in the car after work and the AP has been on all day draining my battery.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
So Cobb, any response to this? This is pissing me off. Can we get a damn fix update with the quickness?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Has happened to me once, annoying, but takes 2 minutes to fix.
Been unplugging my AP.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has happened to me once, annoying, but takes 2 minutes to fix.
Been unplugging my AP.
It does take 2 minutes to fix, however when I am using my car several times a day I am doing this once a day at least and considering what the AP costs this is piss poor. I have had my battery die because of this glitch as I forgot to unplug it after parking it for 2 days and the auto off feature turns itself off after every 2 cycle. I paid good money for the AP over other devices and to have to reset all of the parameters every day is a joke and costed me a new battery on top of that. I hope Cobb fix this soon, the AP is such a good device when it works but the way it is working at the moment is a joke.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
So we got a new firmware update again to fix this issue. Still no good. Still does it. This is rediculous

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Hey Guys,

This was just brought to our attention and we're working on a fix! Thanks for your patience in the meantime. If you ever have any issues like this, please contact us at 866-922-3059 or email [email protected] and we can investigate and solve the issue.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Is this happening to only a few folks? I havent had any of these issues with my AP and its been updated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a victim of this issue as well, have noticed it change my gauges and also messes with my datalogging selections :(
Yer it's ****. I have found a hack solution which isn't fool proof but seems to work.

If it's faulting on say 6 gauges, next time it does the reset change it to 5 gauges. This has lasted me 2 months of daily driving and when it did the reset I changed it back to 6 gauges and its been going good for almost a month so far. A lot better than the every 3rd or so occurence of starting your car.

I am pretty disappointed in COBB as they want me to half do their job and send in this and that. I tried updating as per their instructions and it didn't fix it. How about they test their own **** before releasing updates that **** up the basic functionality. I work 12 hour days and lately weekends too so don't have time to help them with their own development and I certainly didn't sign up for this.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have this issue since yesterday. The AP starts up in 'gauge' mode but every time I unplug the AP or start up the car I have to choose how many gauges I want displayed. Also the units in the AP are changed back to imperial even though I've changed it to metric.

Normally when I start the car it immediately goes to my 6 gauge setup and all is set up correctly. I lately leave the AP connected in the car when at work and updated the AP a few days ago.

What should I do?

EDIT: yesterday when I had to choose the gauge amount, all the gauges were reset. So, had to change them all. This morning still had to select the 6 gauges and, again, had to change them to metric, but did NOT have to set up my gauges again...

Also, just walked to the car and saw the AP stays on after locking the car. Auto ON/OFF is enabled.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Happening here too, same as OP, Gauges reset every week or so and my auto on/off pretty much defaults itself to disabled when I turn the car off, quite annoying I have to manually turn the AP on and off now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had the AP for over a year now... no problems whatsoever, till yesterday. Does anyone know where the problem lies?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine start to fail too. everyday from last week.

always running good for almost 2 years.and suddenly fail every time i use the car. And the auto on/off doesnt work.

Right know the AP is disconnected until a solution will be founded.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Knock on wood, no issues with mine. When was the most recent AP firmware update?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys

Has anyone been able to stop from say chose gauges as of yet, mine continues to do so and I’m at the point where I just want to get rid of it?

Also does anyone else have to shut it off manually when the shut off the car?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts