Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i will get my accessport end of the week but i have a question what else do i need to get a custom tune done if my tuner does not have the right software is it just the cobb accesstuner? and did i understand it correctly that its 149.00 figured some guys on here would have a better idea

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you go to a cobb protuner, they have their own licensed version of the software-- no software on your end needed. Accesstuner is designed for a guy who wants to tune or tinker on his own.

I would recommend going with a certified cobb protuner who is proficient and has experience with the ford ecoboost. Many here on the forums-- offer 'off the shelf' type of tunes as well as custom and/or dyno tunes. What's the best for you probably depends on what you have done to the car and your goals.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would u say stratified is better or the cobb base map if you have stage one parts and then for stage 2 parts?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Would u say stratified is better or the cobb base map if you have stage one parts and then for stage 2 parts?
Stratified (and all the other tuners) tune will definitely be better than the Cobb OTS maps. Stratified is specifically for YOUR car's mods...the Cobb OTS is dialed back so it can be used on ALL cars. The more specific tune will perform a tad better.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stratified (and all the other tuners) tune will definitely be better than the Cobb OTS maps. Stratified is specifically for YOUR car's mods...the Cobb OTS is dialed back so it can be used on ALL cars. The more specific tune will perform a tad better.

Hope it helps.
One more question has anyone had any problems with the panda motorsports tune my accessport is used and comes with it installed it is unmarried to car

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
One more question has anyone had any problems with the panda motorsports tune my accessport is used and comes with it installed it is unmarried to car
Panda is a highly regarded tuning company here on the forums and I can't think of any particular issues anyone had with them other than maybe slow response rates. That might not have been Panda though.

Before using it, make sure it's suitable for your car. For example if it is for a Stage 3 car and you car isn't stage 3 then you shouldn't use it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts