Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads on this already but with the questions I have I figured a new thread would be best. Anyways I just got the exhaust in on Tuesday and got it installed yesterday. Since it didnt come with any instructions me and the technician at work just kind of winged it.

The issue I'm having is the first resonator hitting the cross bar, which they claimed to have addressed in V2 of the exhaust. Our solution was to put spacers in and drop the bar down a bit but it is still hitting the cross bar on bumps, Is it okay to run without the cross bar? Does it matter which way that first resonator bolts up? Only 2 ways to mount it really and we just kind of guessed. I actually plan on calling CNT when they open and see if they can help me out. The other issue is the 2nd hanger back (the unused stock one) does not line up at all with the piece they have welded on their pipe and it seems impossible to put a hanger there and I also think im getting vibration from back there where it is touching the chassis. Tempted to just cut it off and call it good.

Has anyone else that is running this exhaust had these fitment issues? And if so how did you fix them?

Other than these 2 small issues I am REALLY enjoying this exhuast, no drone at any speeds while cruising and it has a nice growl when you step on the gas but it isnt too overpowering. The perfect mix I was looking for in sound. So if I can remedy the fitment issues Id be a very happy camper!

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I have the Mountune catback on mine. The instructions state to remove the cross bar. According to Mountune (whom I'm assuming consulted with Ford on this), running without that bar is not an issue. Being that Ford still honors the base warranty when using the Mountune, I'd think it's okay. I was told that bracket was for transporting on the car carriers, when going to the dealer lots. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Mountune catback on mine. The instructions state to remove the cross bar. According to Mountune (whom I'm assuming consulted with Ford on this), running without that bar is not an issue. Being that Ford still honors the base warranty when using the Mountune, I'd think it's okay. I was told that bracket was for transporting on the car carriers, when going to the dealer lots. I could be wrong though.
Good to know. Technician seemed to think I'd notice no ill effects either so that definitely makes me feel a little better. Especially if Mountune suggests removing it because they are working closely with Ford on these cars. Thanks! Now my only issue is that dang unused hanger that does not line up!

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Good to know. Technician seemed to think I'd notice no ill effects either so that definitely makes me feel a little better. Especially if Mountune suggests removing it because they are working closely with Ford on these cars. Thanks! Now my only issue is that dang unused hanger that does not line up!
Funny thing is that Mountune doesn't recommend removing it, it's actually a mandate! The muffler is so freaking huge, it looks more like a torpedo! :haha:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts