Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the CNT 2.5" exhaust on my 2013 ST. I noticed the pipe exiting the front section and connecting to the middle section is slightly angled. I can rotate the pipe to angle either toward the passenger side or I can rotate it to the driver side. Right now it is rotated toward the passenger side but I do have something hitting when I first start the car up. I think it is the extra hangar and I can easily cut that off but it bugs me not knowing the proper direction to have that small angle facing. Has anyone else run into this and what did you do?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just installed the CNT 2.5" exhaust on my 2013 ST. I noticed the pipe exiting the front section and connecting to the middle section is slightly angled. I can rotate the pipe to angle either toward the passenger side or I can rotate it to the driver side. Right now it is rotated toward the passenger side but I do have something hitting when I first start the car up. I think it is the extra hangar and I can easily cut that off but it bugs me not knowing the proper direction to have that small angle facing. Has anyone else run into this and what did you do?
If nobody else responds I will ask the guy that installed mine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AAaagghhh! I just realized the very first thread on the performance forum is the exhaust thread. Sure enough I found a pic that explains the answer I was looking to find. For what it's worth, the slight angle faces the driver side. Looks like about a 20 minute job for me in the morning to make the adjustment. Thanks to Dan's ST for replying.

·
Registered
496 Posts
AAaagghhh! I just realized the very first thread on the performance forum is the exhaust thread. Sure enough I found a pic that explains the answer I was looking to find. For what it's worth, the slight angle faces the driver side. Looks like about a 20 minute job for me in the morning to make the adjustment. Thanks to Dan's ST for replying.
No problem, man, glad you found the answer. Enjoy the CNT, I sure like mine!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do yourself a favor and cut the extra hanger as well. It will make contact. At least mine did. I also just went ahead and removed that center cross brace. It does nothing for the car anyways and my CNT exhaust would hit it on bumps. After doing those 2 things I have no rattles at all from exhaust and I absolutely love the sound the CNT makes!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do yourself a favor and cut the extra hanger as well. It will make contact. At least mine did. I also just went ahead and removed that center cross brace. It does nothing for the car anyways and my CNT exhaust would hit it on bumps. After doing those 2 things I have no rattles at all from exhaust and I absolutely love the sound the CNT makes!
The extra hangar is coming off on Saturday morning and the mount will be removed too. It's not hitting right now but I'd rather have it off and not be concerned with it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The extra hangar is coming off on Saturday morning and the mount will be removed too. It's not hitting right now but I'd rather have it off and not be concerned with it. Thanks for the info.
Yes sir no problem! Mountune requires the center braced to be removed with their exhaust and since mine was hitting it I decided removing it wasnt going to be a big deal and I wouldnt have to worry about it making contact anymore. You are going to love this exhaust! Surprised its not talked about more. Best bang for the buck out there IMO and ZERO drone.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Agree 100%. If you just want to take the sound up a few notches from stock but aren't looking for something dramatic, not sure how you could beat it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts