MSRP $63.16
Core $0.00
Online Price $55.71

To order by part number go here :
Fast Parts Network, LLC

Auto part

See less See more
#9 ·
anyone install it yet? whats the stock mount look like? Whats the difference? I'm hoping it's not as flimsey as the RMM.

#11 ·
Is it as bad as the stock RMM, especially in comparison to its E-focus replacement?

#22 ·
I installed the eFocus mount this morning. It took about 20 minutes (I have a lift and air tools) and was a very simple straight forward remove and replace task.

First driving impression; in first gear I didn't get any wheel hop and a hard shift to second would cause a mild klunk, nothing like the OMG did the tranny just fall out I got before and lots of wheel spin and no wheel hop. The roads hadn't completely dried from last nights rain and I have winter tires on the car so the smooth wheel spin may not be indicative of what I will experience on dry pavement with the summer tires but it is a huge improvement.

I hear people claim an improvement in shifting precision but I didn't feel any difference. I still get a little vagueness on shifts to 1, 3 and 5 with much more precise shifts to 2, 4 and 6.

All and all well worth the $60.

#24 ·
I just installed the efocus mount today. It wasn't a breeze like I've heard others claim. I had to have someone use a pry bar to move the engine while I swapped the mounts. We had a lift and I don't see how this can easily be done with a floor jack. Oh well, I like the results thus far, though I haven't opened up on it yet. I noticed there was some red lock tite on the vertical bolt. I wasn't prepared to reseal the bolt and didn't have any hand so I'll be taking it back out tomorrow. Also, how tight are you guys torquing the horizontal bolt that threads into the mount? There is some play in the mount that can be closed up by over tightening. Just wondering if you guys are using torque wrenches or just guestimating? Please advise

#30 ·
I just installed the efocus mount today. It wasn't a breeze like I've heard others claim. I had to have someone use a pry bar to move the engine while I swapped the mounts. We had a lift and I don't see how this can easily be done with a floor jack. Oh well, I like the results thus far, though I haven't opened up on it yet.
Did you remove the cast bracket from the motor that the horizontal bolt goes through?

With that off you only need to move the engine about an inch to make enough clearance to get the mount out/in and I could easily move it that far with one hand while I slipped the old one out and the new one in. I could see how you could need a pry bar to move it enough if the cast bracket was in place.

The hardest part for me was fiddling with the L bracket, that supports the cat, off and on the mounting studs and that was only a few seconds each way. Including putting the car up on the lift and taking it down off the lift the whole operation wasn't any more than 20 minutes.

#27 ·
I used the instructions from JBR and since I used the same bolts and not the new one the JBR uses, I torqued both bolts to 70 ft lbs. I did not use lock tite. I re-torqued them a week later with zero movement so nothing backed off on my install. I will probably check again in a month unless I feel slop before then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.