Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question for you guys. In the last few months I've noticed that sometimes when I'm letting the clutch out in first gear to get going it shudders a little bit. Not sure how to explain it, but it sort of feels like it grabs and slips a few times but quickly enough that it doesn't really effect the overall engagement. The clutch itself doesn't slip, full throttle in any gear holds just fine.

The only thing that I can think of is that there are a few hot spots that have formed over the years, the car has 75k on the original clutch, but just weird since I've never had to do a clutch job on any other car I've owned before getting rid of them after 100k+ miles.

I know if it's the clutch there is nothing I can do, but wondering if maybe something else could be loose etc. That could produce the same feeling?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Could be air in the clutch line.
Have you hade them bled in the 75k miles?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet. Car is 3 years old (I drive a lot), was planning on flushing the brake fluid this year. The clutch uses the same reservoir as the brakes correct? Separate procedure for bleeding the clutch I suppose.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
No, not yet. Car is 3 years old (I drive a lot), was planning on flushing the brake fluid this year. The clutch uses the same reservoir as the brakes correct? Separate procedure for bleeding the clutch I suppose.

Same reservoir, similar procedure. Should be done every 2 years at least.
good luck.
Hope it's not a warped clutch disk or anything else.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
While bleeding the clutch make sure the fluid level in reservoir stays high - well above MAX level, or else you risk of ending up with air in the line.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Funny that you mention those symptoms, I have the same thing going on. I chalked it up to the aftermarket motor mount but now you have me thinking. 2013 ST2 under 50,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Could be chatter from glazing on the flywheel; some emery cloth takes it right off, once the trans and clutch are out of the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts