Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was driving my car a little hard today since I got my new stratified tune & I drove the car hard with traction control on & I was braking etc, & I stopped & I got a Whif of like a burnt clutch smell & I got paranoid so I got out & the smell was coming from my driver & passenger side front wheels , I opened my engine bay & all I smelt was heat lol, so I was second guessing it so I got on the highway & got up to speed & floored it in 4th it went through all the rpm no slip, so idk id just like to hear your thoughts, thanks. 13 fost 136k miles, full bolt on, stratified tune.

·
Super Moderator
10,072 Posts
Electronic differential uses the front brakes applied to which ever wheel is losing traction to stop wheel spin. Could very easily be brakes burning a bit.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
761 Posts
Try turning you traction off or put it in sport mode, like said, it’s probably your brakes working overtime to stop the wheels spinning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try turning you traction off or put it in sport mode, like said, it’s probably your brakes working overtime to stop the wheels spinning.
Yeah when I turned tc fully off & tried again, smell was not apparent so I’m assuming that’s the case

·
Vendor
671 Posts
Try turning off the ignition based traction control. I don't offer cobb traction control feature because it roasted the clutch on my fiesta from the tire spinning/catching. Ignition power on/off is much faster than limited boost by throttle for traction control and can heat up the clutch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try turning off the ignition based traction control. I don't offer cobb traction control feature because it roasted the clutch on my fiesta from the tire spinning/catching. Ignition power on/off is much faster than limited boost by throttle for traction control and can heat up the clutch.
Yeah once I turned it off I haven’t smelled it since!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts