Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My clutch pedal feels like its binding on the release. It's rather difficult to explain but whenever i release the clutch, i can feel a good amount of tension, similar to a bound spring. I've greased up the assist spring quite a bit with no avail. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All,

My clutch pedal feels like its binding on the release. It's rather difficult to explain but whenever i release the clutch, i can feel a good amount of tension, similar to a bound spring. I've greased up the assist spring quite a bit with no avail. Any ideas?
It's definitely predominant when the car is in gear and the RPM's are higher than 2k. When i am coasting in neutral, the pedal feels very smooth but once you put it into gear and the RPM's rise, you can feel a lot of vibration in the pedal.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
It's definitely predominant when the car is in gear and the RPM's are higher than 2k. When i am coasting in neutral, the pedal feels very smooth but once you put it into gear and the RPM's rise, you can feel a lot of vibration in the pedal.
Have you done anything with the brakes at all? The Brakes and Clutch are on the same system. You may want to do a fluid change and bleed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you done anything with the brakes at all? The Brakes and Clutch are on the same system. You may want to do a fluid change and bleed.
I have not and the car only has 21k miles on it. I bought it new in July 2015. Since its still under warranty, would it be worth it to bring it up to the dealer?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Very old thread but did you find out the problem? Mine is currently doing it now at 10k miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts