Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ordered a Steeda spring for the FoST. I'm excited to try it out, but I broke my housing removing it from the car. Is there a way to get another one without having to purchase the whole assembly? Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered a Steeda spring for the FoST. I'm excited to try it out, but I broke my housing removing it from the car. Is there a way to get another one without having to purchase the whole assembly? Thanks.
You have to purchase the whole clutch pedal assembly or find someone selling just the plastic piece. Unfortunately ford does not sell the piece separately for whatever reason.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Check out your local pick-a-part yard.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Anyone know how much Ford wants for one?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Were did you get it amd part # please

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I cancelled my order before it came in, but I believe the part number is AV6Z-7534-A. I had ordered from AutoNation Ford, but any Ford dealer should be able to get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I cancelled my order before it came in, but I believe the part number is AV6Z-7534-A. I had ordered from AutoNation Ford, but any Ford dealer should be able to get it.
Mine is a 16 st do you know if includes plastic pieces. Dealer around here says have to order whole clutch arm kit.to get it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Mine is a 16 st do you know if includes plastic pieces. Dealer around here says have to order whole clutch arm kit.to get it.

Based on the other thread that I mentioned before, it is supposed to include the plastic pieces. If your dealer is looking at the ST, then it is going to show the whole clutch kit. The Part number I posted is an RS part number, but should be the same spring (again according to the posts of others here ad not my personal experience since I did not end up needing/receiving one).

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Could you expound on this method? I already broke one and am trying to decide to go with the very expensive assembly from Steeda or try to take another stock one apart.

Thanks.
sure i can try...

Clamp the spring in the vice, really hard, the put the pickle fork between the piece and the vice and give it a few hits with a hammer, soft hits. if you want to add a little help to it you can always put a 1/4" socket extension and tap on that as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
FWIW after breaking the Ford housing I found a throttle return spring 3-pack from Autozone (Dorman 59207) for ~$6 and used 2 of those those springs instead of the whole Ford spring assembly. I figured naked springs would be noisy but no noise at all and pedal feel is just right.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The RS spring assembly, AV6Z-7534-A, was $24.06 at my local Ford dealer, and there were plenty available for them to order. I had already broken two of the plastic pieces. One on the first RS assembly I bought from a member, and the other on my stock assembly. The first time, I broke the "cup" part, the second time, I broke the long "Stem" part. I was super careful and gentle the second try, but one of the prongs on the stem snapped off. Then, I found that the cup from the ST did not snap together with the stem from the RS. They were close, but no cigar. So I tried to put the assembly in with my new Steeda spring while holding it together by hand, but it popped apart at the last second and I was not able to find the cup part, and I LOOKED.
It was at that point that I broke down and ordered the overpriced Steeda assembly, which was starting to seem more and more reasonable, which popped right in and feels GREAT!

It should be noted that the factory design is non-linear. At first, you are compressing the spring, but then, after it goes over-center, the spring expands, helping you the rest of the way. The Steeda spring rate is PERFECT, it feels really good in there. The pedal comes up completely, but you can also really feel the engagement down low and feather the clutch if needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts