Ford Focus ST Forum banner

741 - 746 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey my 2016 Focus ST3, clutch started slipping at 59K miles and completely s*** the bed. Think it was a leaking slave but can't tell for sure.

Anyway I already bought a new upgraded clucth and flywheel, now i need a new slave cylinder. I don't see anything other than OEM online, but to me it looks plastic and cheap and probably is the issue. Does anyone have a recommended slave or am I stuck buying a factory one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is the one I decided to go with, only non plastic looking one I could find, maybe it can help somebody out in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 TB ST3 with 94,1XX miles. Yesterday, the stock clutch started to feel stickier when releasing the pedal. It doesn’t stay on the ground, but releases noticeably slower than before. More vibration is now felt on the clutch pedal during the friction point. Other than that, the car shifts fine and stays in gear. Stock transmission fluid was drained and replaced at 80,000 miles

·
Registered
172 Posts
2014 TB ST3 with 94,1XX miles. Yesterday, the stock clutch started to feel stickier when releasing the pedal. It doesn’t stay on the ground, but releases noticeably slower than before. More vibration is now felt on the clutch pedal during the friction point. Other than that, the car shifts fine and stays in gear. Stock transmission fluid was drained and replaced at 80,000 miles
Bleed your clutch line (tied into brake fluid)

See if that will help your issue before replacing anything, you may have air building up in the line. I bled my clutch last year and it was black, felt much better after doing so.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you guys are having weird stutter issues when releasing the clutch when moving from a stop, check your engine mounts. My passenger side engine mount blew and sending stutters to the cabin when I release the clutch on 1st gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bleed your clutch line (tied into brake fluid)

See if that will help your issue before replacing anything, you may have air building up in the line. I bled my clutch last year and it was black, felt much better after doing so.
A few days later, my clutch got stuck to the floor. I bled the clutch and sure enough, there was a lot of air bubbles. Car ran fine until the next morning. After jacking up the car, I was able to see that brake fluid is leaking into the transmission. I’m going to look into replacing the clutch and slave cylinder.

741 - 746 of 746 Posts