Ford Focus ST Forum banner

721 - 737 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I did my clutch over a weekend.could of did it in a day if i didnt try and man handle the trans. Used the engine stand from harbor freight which you need to hold the motor in place once to remove the mounts. Come with extra chain and hooks. Used one hook and chain to lift trans up. Once even, it slid right into place.done.69k

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Just like this. Easy peasy.would of been done in a day. If i did it this way
I still manhandle them in. Getting quite good at it. Then again I have had it out 5 times iirc. Lmao

·
Registered
66 Posts
clutch pedal sticks to the floor with any sort of G force in a right hand turn, next clutch depression will stick to the floor. clutch is fully engaged, pedal just does not return. pedal can be pulled up with my toe but the next time I depress the clutch pedal the grab point is right at the floor where the pedal was stuck. and then everything will be fine until the next right hand turn taken above say 20 miles an hour. Started at around 60k miles. Problem has started becoming more frequent, and only happens during right hand turns.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think i was sent the wrong pressure plate. It doesnt disengage when you push in the clutch. From online pics i was sent a stage 4 and not a stage 3 pressure plate. So mad. Its a pain in the ass this little trans. I had to fight this one. Then it doesnt work....pisssed so pissed. Now i have to wait for monday and jump through hoops. Sad. Online this is a stage 4 six puck pressure plate

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
I think i was sent the wrong pressure plate. It doesnt disengage when you push in the clutch. From online pics i was sent a stage 4 and not a stage 3 pressure plate. So mad. Its a pain in the ass this little trans. I had to fight this one. Then it doesnt work....pisssed so pissed. Now i have to wait for monday and jump through hoops. Sad. Online this is a stage 4 six puck pressure plate View attachment 375119
Well that sucks. Dropping the trans just gets easier, and easier though.

Clutch issues suck, especially when its the manufacturer or vendors fault. Really grinds my gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if people are still adding to this list but my 2018 tb **** the bed at 15,2xx. Starting slipping last Thursday and stopped driving Monday. Slave cylinder leak was the culprit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
  1. how can you tell with Our Focus st when clutch is weared off? or bad?
Assuming you’re just meaning normal clutch wear down and not the pedal having issues you’ll notice it’s wearing down badly once it starts to slip. A way to test it is by driving on a highway in 5th or 6th gear (depending on how fast you’re going) and try to floor it. Just make sure you don’t lug your engine. You will feel it slip if your clutch disc or pressure plate is worn too much

·
Registered
36 Posts
Assuming you’re just meaning normal clutch wear down and not the pedal having issues you’ll notice it’s wearing down badly once it starts to slip. A way to test it is by driving on a highway in 5th or 6th gear (depending on how fast you’re going) and try to floor it. Just make sure you don’t lug your engine. You will feel it slip if your clutch disc or pressure plate is worn too much
will the rpms jump?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, they’ll jump up high without any actual acceleration
Ok perfect my clutch still perfect rpms change in perfection. I figured out the problem why its boging down harsh, my front and rear stabillizer are broken, links, gasket and exhaust downpipe leak ☹ Im ****ed. Any suggestion what endlinks to get with cobb front and rear stabillizer? mind has well upgrade them to better one

721 - 737 of 737 Posts