Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice when i apply the brakes either when backing up or moving forward i get a clunk or popping noise and some feedback in the pedal. It happens when the cars been parked for a bit and only at the first couple of brake pedal engagements. Pressure on pedal does not to seem to matter and it does sound like its coming from underneath the vehicle. After, when driving it does not happen either under heavy sudden engagement or light. What could this be? It happens all the time. 17' ST1 with 1500 miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should be covered under warranty, I would think. But it almost sounds like caliper pins that need to be lubed. If the pins don't have enough grease they don't slide properly and they pop on release with enough pressure on them. Take it to your dealer and have them check it out. Really shouldn't have this issue with a new car, but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, appreciate the info. Im going in for an oil change soon ill have them check it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE. Inside drivers side brake pad was "not machined properly" and is moving back and forth inside the caliper. They ordered me new pads and will replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts