Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some oil residue on my intercooler on the exel pipe side, where the map sensor is. I don’t know if it’s been done before but, is there someone here that knows how to clean the inside of the intercooler from blowbys, oils or anything else, and if so what would be the best product and the best way to clean it so that it doesn’t take too long to dry to reinstall it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always used kerosene, it's a great solvent and doesn't leave a residue. Tape up the outlets and swish it around a few times.
ok and how long it takes to air out or dry because it the only car i have so need the quickest way of doing it

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have some oil residue on my intercooler on the exel pipe side, where the map sensor is. I don’t know if it’s been done before but, is there someone here that knows how to clean the inside of the intercooler from blowbys, oils or anything else, and if so what would be the best product and the best way to clean it so that it doesn’t take too long to dry to reinstall it.
On my GN i always used brake cleaner and then blew it out with air to dry it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my GN i always used brake cleaner and then blew it out with air to dry it
ok might do that too i’ll probably do that and with kerosene/paraffin for a deep clean and air it out with a blow dryer or a heat gun for reinstalling it on the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts