Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2,069 Posts
Right by me... When i was shopping in 2019, i found a black '14 st1 with 4,000 miles at a dealer in Cleveland for 17,999 if memory serves. I wonder if this is the same car.

Reactions: EllisZ

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing how some of these cars have such low miles. Great find for someone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm glad these cars are holding value. I have a 2017 Race Red base ST with like 13,000 miles and wondering if get close to 20K for it which would be awesome since I only paid 21,500 for it new.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad these cars are holding value. I have a 2017 Race Red base ST with like 13,000 miles and wondering if get close to 20K for it which would be awesome since I only paid 21,500 for it new.
I'm really wondering if the fact that Ford walked away from the market somehow helped ours with value?

The only other viable options now are: Hyundai Velocitor or the Honda Civic Type-R (at $40k !!)

That said: I'd love to see Ford bring these back one day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wait for gas to crest $4.00/gal. And watch how fast they bring 'cars' back.
I'm guessing that we are going to see those prices sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
345 Posts
Well the really sad part is they will probably be electric unless they can move faster.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Electric wouldn't bother me. Electric cars are super torquey and a ton of fun. (Just please don't call an electric SUV a Mustang).

Two things that are inevitable.
1) Electric cars will become the norm.
2) Self driving cars will be the norm.

When? Don't know ... but I don't think it's far off.

Enjoying my drivers car now......

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts
Electric wouldn't bother me. Electric cars are super torquey and a ton of fun. (Just please don't call an electric SUV a Mustang).

Two things that are inevitable.
1) Electric cars will become the norm.
2) Self driving cars will be the norm.

When? Don't know ... but I don't think it's far off.

Enjoying my drivers car now......
I'll get one, as soon as they start giving them away...

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
185 Posts
Just wait for gas to crest $4.00/gal. And watch how fast they bring 'cars' back.
We’re currently paying the equivalent of $6.15 per US gallon, here in the U.K. and climbing, but what you have to remember, we pay 75% tax on our road fuel, so the actual cost of fuel without the tax is pretty low.

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts
We’re currently paying the equivalent of $6.15 per US gallon, here in the U.K. and climbing, but what you have to remember, we pay 75% tax on our road fuel, so the actual cost of fuel without the tax is pretty low.
Our $1.99 (for 87 octane) is highly taxed too...I paid $2.69 for premium yesterday.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
345 Posts
Gonna enjoy my ST as long as possible before getting a big golf cart, yes I've ridden in a Tesla. 🙄☹

I think lawmakers should pay at least double the fuel taxes they add. 😁
I suppose it's better than tolls everywhere to pay for the roads, tho 😕

·
Registered
185 Posts
We can’t get 87octane here, the minimum we can get is 95, premium or as we call it super unleaded, is 97-99, so at least we get good fuel I guess.

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts
We can’t get 87octane here, the minimum we can get is 95, premium or as we call it super unleaded, is 97-99, so at least we get good fuel I guess.
The octane is calculated differently; our 89, 91, 93 is equivalent to your 95, 97, 99 if I'm not mistaken. 87 is for your Prius.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gonna enjoy my ST as long as possible before getting a big golf cart, yes I've ridden in a Tesla. 🙄☹

I think lawmakers should pay at least double the fuel taxes they add. 😁
I suppose it's better than tolls everywhere to pay for the roads, tho 😕
You wait ... Once the money grubbing politicians realize that they aren't getting the gas taxes anymore due to fuel efficiencies and electrified cars, they will find a way to charge us some other way, perhaps by miles driven.

... and yes, that will suck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You wait ... Once the money grubbing politicians realize that they aren't getting the gas taxes anymore due to fuel efficiencies and electrified cars, they will find a way to charge us some other way, perhaps by miles driven.

It's on the way and already happening some places

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts

Gas tax will shift to wattage tax.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The octane is calculated differently; our 89, 91, 93 is equivalent to your 95, 97, 99 if I'm not mistaken. 87 is for your Prius.
I did wonder if that was the case, there is 101 available from BP, but at very few filling stations, mostly at race tracks, Silverstone for example.

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts
I did wonder if that was the case, there is 101 available from BP, but at very few filling stations, mostly at race tracks, Silverstone for example.
We can get 100 at some stations; sold as "race gas", at triple the cost of 93

1 - 20 of 21 Posts