Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a clay hand pad and some other stuff today, I can't stop buying your products, and I have a couple of questions about the hand pad. While you are claying, do you need to rinse/clean the pad off before claying a new area? I would make sense to me that you would need to clean it. Otherwise you could be removing debris and then spreading over another area. Second question, if you do need to rinse/clean, what would be the best way to do that? A bucket of water with a grit guard, just spray the pad with more clay lube, or is there a better way to do that?

522 Posts
I ordered a clay hand pad and some other stuff today, I can't stop buying your products, and I have a couple of questions about the hand pad. While you are claying, do you need to rinse/clean the pad off before claying a new area? I would make sense to me that you would need to clean it. Otherwise you could be removing debris and then spreading over another area. Second question, if you do need to rinse/clean, what would be the best way to do that? A bucket of water with a grit guard, just spray the pad with more clay lube, or is there a better way to do that?
Great questions.

It is a good idea to clean the pad in between sections. Typically we use a 5 gallon bucket with 2 oz of shampoo bath. :)

Dirt and debris do not stick to the polymer rubber like traditional clay. It is self cleaning :p

Remember to always check the panel using the plastic baggy method after claying.

Erick

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I feel like I should've got the hand pad instead of the blue clay bar. Meh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts