Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If for no other reason than I want people to know the real reason my forearms are sore... Or if people are skeptical on the value of a clay bar. Black and orange specs everywhere that would not come off hand washing with citrus soap and bug/tar remover which is the before pic. Lots of patience and all of the contaminants were removed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks great! It sure is worth the effort though, huh? Mine is Shadow Black so I definitely understand! My car was absolutely covered in swirls when I bought it so I got to spend 8 hours on one of my first weekends with it doing paint correction. Sore arms for sure! Now I know why I could never be a professional detailer even though I love it so much! The best part is bare hand applying some good thick carnauba wax on smooth, freshly clayed paint when you're finally done!

·
Registered
395 Posts
claybar is great
removed a ton of paint transfer from vehicles I've worked on without any ill effects

·
Registered
312 Posts
If for no other reason than I want people to know the real reason my forearms are sore... Or if people are skeptical on the value of a clay bar. Black and orange specs everywhere that would not come off hand washing with citrus soap and bug/tar remover which is the before pic. Lots of patience and all of the contaminants were removed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nice!! I have a white ST and was wondering how to get those tiny orange specs and black dots off! hmmm might have to try that.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Nice!! I have a white ST and was wondering how to get those tiny orange specs and black dots off! hmmm might have to try that.
The orange spots is iron particles that have imbedded themselves into the paint and rusted. Clay will remove some, you may also need some chemical decontamination. Use a iron removing wheel cleaner like ironX. I mostly use Adams wheel cleaner cut 1:1 as it's cheaper when bough on sale.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had a white 1997 GTI VR6 that I bought new. Had rail dust issues from day one. No one knew what to do about it other than propose repainting it. Some time in the early 2000's, I learned about clay bars. Took care of every bit of it. I have been claying my cars about once a year since then. Just ordered one of the polymer "clay" mitts to try the next time I need to get the surface contamination out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts