Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for a fairly quick answer before the sale ends. I've been wanting to grab a downpipe and tune for a while now (Have stock exhaust but prefer the noises and deeper tone from a downpipe), and noticed that the CJ generic catted downpipe got great reviews regarding quality, fitment, and performance. I understand a tune is necessary to gain much from it. However, will these cars run rich without a tune for a few thousand miles? Honestly want to grab this now, and a tune in a few weeks after the holidays, once I get my intercooler installed and other goodies coming. Another question, does this require anything regarding O2 sensors to prevent a CEL?

I don't care about voiding my warranty, since the car is at 30k miles, and from what I've gathered the car will run better tuned then stock and not only from a performance aspect.

Side note, would you consider a downpipe, intercooler, RMM, and filter stage 2?

Thanks so much for any help!

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
You’d be pretty much at Stage 3 with the mods listed. You will need a tune, I’d do it ASAP. If you already have an Accessport you know you can just download the OTS Stage 3 tune and run with that until you get one from a better tuner. Don’t forget 1 step colder spark plugs.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
42 Posts
I have the cj pony parts dp. It is solid. No issues at all prob put 10-15k miles on it. You can always run the Cobb ots stage 3 map which I did before I got custom tuned.

*edit didn’t realize this was a old thread.

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts
I have the cj pony parts dp. It is solid. No issues at all prob put 10-15k miles on it. You can always run the Cobb ots stage 3 map which I did before I got custom tuned.

*edit didn’t realize this was a old thread.
Lol, these things happen.

Also, little known fact, there are actually two different CJPP downpipes. Their first production run was very short lived due to issues with the shop making them. Then after a bit, they came out with their DP again, different design though, made from a different shop. I have one of the originals, and my buddy actually has a catted original from CJPP. Besides maybe one or two other people, never hear anything about the original downpipes.

The more you know... lmfao

·
Registered
62 Posts

This is their version 2? I’m reading a lot of folks just ran both O2s stock tune no issues. I’m trying to find whatever catted downpipe can run without a defouler. The 1320 catted thread all I’m seeing is 90 vibrant defouler for rear. I think I’m gonna go with this. As I don’t want catless with tomei set up. Afraid it’s going to be too
Loud

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have the CJPP catted DP. I’m running E30 custom tune but when I go threw inspection I unmarried the AP and run 93. Haven’t failed yet and I go to the Ford dealer. I check to make sure all the monitors are ready with ForScan the night before. I think it’s a solid deal if your going with Catted. Oh I have 92,000 on the car and 50,000+ on E30.

Reactions: GoFast81
1 - 6 of 6 Posts