Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just try shifting upper torso forward while applying the brakes. No go! The seat belt locks up and you ain't moving.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Just try shifting upper torso forward while applying the brakes. No go! The seat belt locks up and you ain't moving.
"while applying the brakes" yes...but the issue here is that it is EXTREMELY nice being able to cinch down the passenger seatbelt during track or autocross...because it keeps you from moving. The bolstering of my ST3 seats are great, but I tighten my drivers side seatbelt as tight as physically possible and it helps the first few turns before it starts loosening up and helps very little. I wish our drivers side locked like the passengers. Gripe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
"while applying the brakes" yes...but the issue here is that it is EXTREMELY nice being able to cinch down the passenger seatbelt during track or autocross...because it keeps you from moving. The bolstering of my ST3 seats are great, but I tighten my drivers side seatbelt as tight as physically possible and it helps the first few turns before it starts loosening up and helps very little. I wish our drivers side locked like the passengers. Gripe.
I have the ST3, so I back the seat up several inches, then snug the belt real tight, then quickly pull out to lock the belt tensioner. While holding it there, move the seat back into position (as I said, I have the ST3) which snubs the belt even more and ensures that you are held in place for the duration of the session.
Be sure that your door is closed before doing this or else you will NOT be able to reach it.

CrashMW

·
Registered
228 Posts
Snap the belt and twist it a few turns before buckling, it helps keep it locked.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts