Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Sales Manager at a Ford Store. Just recently purchased the 17 ST, White. Have always had muscle cars, love the big ole choppy cams, but damn if I aint in love with my little ST and the fun of it. Have met every cop between work and my house at least once so far, they too are amazed at the speed in this little guy. My kids jokingly named the car Big Sexy, so Big Sexy it is. Curious what adds you folks that have had em for a while would recommend. Exhaust? I have to keep the warranty protected, so keep that in mind!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If you want to protect your warranty look into going Ford performance or Mountune for parts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta avoid the Ford performance stuff, just based on costs alone. I would like to wind this thing up a little more, really like the constant power. I have noticed that the tail pipe is blacked out, and get a lot of black residual on the tail gate. Are they known for running rich??

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Gotta avoid the Ford performance stuff, just based on costs alone. I would like to wind this thing up a little more, really like the constant power. I have noticed that the tail pipe is blacked out, and get a lot of black residual on the tail gate. Are they known for running rich??
That's just a common issue we have to deal with having a hatch, it pulls air into the area immediately behind the hatch. Which is why when cleaned it gets the back dirty almost instantly. My bumper has black soot also but yet it doesn't run very rich according to my logs on the accessport.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to the party.

There's lots of bolt on upgrades from several manufactures. Some of the most popular are Cobb, MBRP, cPE, Willwood, Flowmaster, etc. Mountune works with Ford Performance so if you have the cash I'd look there to "save" the warranty.

It is noteworthy that so long as the installed upgrade doesn't create the failure (transmission fails after installing new turbo back exhaust system), your warranty is intact. See the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
All direct injected cars do that; it's part of their charm.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maintaining warranty and not buying Mountune or Ford Performance parts is gonna be pretty hard. To really wake the car up, you'll want a Cobb Accessport V3 and there are plenty of options for tunes. A common off the shelf tune is the Stratified Stage 1. You can get the "Green Filter" to hear the turbo better or just take the air box cover off. Short shift plate, shifter bushings, exhausts, intakes, intercooler (this is a big one) are some to name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts