Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Mountuneusa website they offer the 6258A and the 6258 for MRX mountune turbo kit.

They recommend the 6258A but can choose the 6258.

What’s the difference?

The show logs for 6258A only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
The other turbo is a 6758, not another 6258.

You're trading a bit less of fast spool for more potential of higher power. In Garret terms think of a GTX2860 and GTX2867 but the spool difference is not as dramatic as the EFR has a better turbine design. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
6258 = 400 hp
6758 = 450 hp
7163 = 500 hp

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would go for the 6758. With it you can easily make 350 hp on 93 octane fuel (no e85 blending or wmi). Our turbo spools a bit too early in my opinion, so a little bit of lag would be nice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I am leaning towards 6758 when Black Friday sales come up. It’s big turbo time.

Yay

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes I am leaning towards 6758 when Black Friday sales come up. It’s big turbo time.

Yay

Make sure to keep in mind that you also need to purchase the mountune downpipe, a stock location DP won't fit. I also think you need the mountune intake, but i'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure to keep in mind that you also need to purchase the mountune downpipe, a stock location DP won't fit. I also think you need the mountune intake, but i'm not 100% on that.
Yes I have not changed my down pipe from stock and have the mountune intake already installed.

When I buy the MRX turbo I will buy the Mountune EFR downpipe also.

Thanks for heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts