Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I copied this from an announcement from Ford that the governor of Kentucky shared on Facebook: "Exciting new Ford Focus on the way for North American customers beginning in 2019 with more technology, more space and a number of new Focus models. Next-generation Focus for North America will be globally sourced primarily from China — rather than Hermosillo, Mexico — with production starting in the second half of 2019. Current model production ends in mid-2018."

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm sure this will impact quality in some capacity.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Unless the only other car with a stick shift left by then is a VW, this is off the list for my next car—I doubt the savings from the employee pay gap will go to QA.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
In my eyes, it shouldn't even happen. Literally my family is and has been a Ford family because of ONE main reason.

Made in America quality.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I also would NEVER buy a vehicle made in China. Nothing to do with 'quality'.
(China can make junk or great stuff, all on the factory and how it is run)
I would never buy a made in China car due to the real fact we are in a economic war with China.
Every person in China who moved to the middle class there,
also meant an American fell out of the middle class here. Same for all other classes.
We 'bought' Manhattan for a few dollars worth of trinkets.
We are selling the USA to China for the same reasons.
Time to STOP giving away our Country for trinkets.. (to save a few bucks?)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
At least the profits come back to the US. But I agree with others - after reading this earlier this morning, I would mark the Focus off my list of possible buys.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
At least the profits come back to the US. But I agree with others - after reading this earlier this morning, I would mark the Focus off my list of possible buys.
Will this Ford will be my first and last.

·
Registered
79 Posts
not trying to piss anyone off, but does anyone know the Chinese percentage of the current model? I'm a Toyota guy, and on the Toyota (tundra) forums we generally make fun of fords, and part of that is how people claim that ford is "Made in America" when in fact it isn't. I cant remember the sources mentioned. just wondered if that topic has been discussed here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
not trying to piss anyone off, but does anyone know the Chinese percentage of the current model? I'm a Toyota guy, and on the Toyota (tundra) forums we generally make fun of fords, and part of that is how people claim that ford is "Made in America" when in fact it isn't. I cant remember the sources mentioned. just wondered if that topic has been discussed here.
answered my own question

Is Your Car Made in America? - Autoblog

"According to NHTSA documents, Ford's compact Focus has been assembled in Wayne, Mich., with 90 percent of its parts sourced from the U.S. and Canada, but its transmission originates in Germany. While the Taurus is assembled in Chicago, Ill., only about 65 percent of its parts are of U.S. origin. But its engine and transmission are both built in the U.S."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts