Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chief_ST | 2014 Focus ST

I am writing this build log as a place for myself and other members to keep up with my passion of modifying and doing install. Also as a place to track the progress of my car through time.

I live in southwest portion of the Kansas City metropolitan area with my wife, 2 daughters, 1 son & our dog. I have no desire to RallyX, Drag, AutoX, or even drive like a moron on the street, I don't know why I mod my car, I guess because it's fun and I like to know that I can go fast and look great too. The closest 93 Octane and E85 station are not convenient, there is really only 1 speed shop around as well. Basically, I have the internet, a UPS account and passion for cars.

The rundown on the car, I previously had other fun car that I may share upon request, I only had my daily, 2000 Subaru Forester S. The thing is a tank and really easy to drive. My wife has her SUV, 2012 Chevy Equinox. I was looking for a fun car to modify but still be practical. I found a few STs after doing some research and scheduled a test drive. After looking at the difference between the '13 vs '14 vs '15+ models. I decided to go with a 2014 Focus ST - ST3 in Tuxedo Black, the car was purchased on 03/04/2017.

The 1st post will always be updated with a current mods list and sometimes current pictures.

Here is my 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST with 402A Equipment Package.

Here are the modifications, some will be functional some will not be.

Engine & Performance:
SCT X4 w/ Unleashed Tune
AEM Dry Flow Filter
NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs (0.028 Gap)
DIY Intake Tube w/ Clamps
MBRP XP Exhaust
Cobb Tuning Exhaust Hangers

Exterior:
De-Badged the trunk

Wheels & Tires:
None

Brakes:
None

Suspension:
None

Interior:
None

Maintenance:
Motul 8100 Eco-Nergy 5w30
Ford FL-910S Filter
Motul DCTF Transmission Fluid
Motul RBF-600 Brake Fluid

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A few updated pictures of the car after the trunk was de-badged. Also the car was washed, clay bared, polished and waxed, as I do all cars during the summer months and right before winter hits. I use Meguiars car care products for all my washing needs.

Going over 20,000 miles was sad.

Recently our family has gone through a lot of changes. We added our son to our family in April, moved in to our new home at the beginning of September. Now that we are all settled in, I have begun to mod my car.

First things ordered were:

SCT X4, I know its not an Accessport, I wanted Torrie to tune my care after seeing his reviews
NGK 1 Step Colder Plus
AEM Dry Flow Filter, Didnt care to have an open filter for turbo noise.
DIY Intake tube, I cant stand the accordion pipe nor will I pay $65 for the Mountune piece.

Also, I found a guy locally that was trading in his car. I was able to snag his exhaust from him for a good price, it included the Cobb hangers.

MBRP XP Aluminized Exhaust
Cobb Tuning Exhaust Hangers

I am waiting to get all of them installed here shortly. I can decided if I want to add anything else for having an install day with a couple of buddies.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All pictures and links update. Photobucket had changed their products. I have switched to a different photo hosting site to avoid future problems.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ST received a nice before winter bath. I️ did my wives equinox prior to my car so today I️ am sore and hurting. The process was as follows

Wash
Dry
160 & 200 grit clay bar
Fine swirls/ scratch polish
Medium compound polish
Wax
Buff
Finishing glaze / wax sealant

Pictures of my wives suv as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well every I have enjoyed my time on this forum. I happened to find a car I wanted locally and received a GREAT trade in price for my ST. I jumped on the opportunity.

2016 Stealth Grey Focus RS, RS1 w/ Forged wheels and no sunroof. Only 7800 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
congrats on the new ride! I think stealth grey is the best color on the RS.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
congrats on the new ride! I think stealth grey is the best color on the RS.
Thanks man, it’s completely different than the ST. So far I love it. The torque is way more linear and sold.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Congrats on this new update

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Hopefully the headgasket issue stays far away from you

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What was your other fun car you had/have?
This is my only fun car now, the RS that is. I traded my ST in for it and I’m selling my 2000 Subaru Forester S. Going back to one car for me. Instead of 2.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's awesome man! Jealous. I'm only 2 months into my ST and had our first snowfall today and was wishing I had AWD. Was slipping and sliding a bit. But I couldn't justify $11k more for the RS.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's awesome man! Jealous. I'm only 2 months into my ST and had our first snowfall today and was wishing I had AWD. Was slipping and sliding a bit. But I couldn't justify $11k more for the RS.
I’m telling just after a few days of driving it. It’s not about the $11k. It’s a completely different car than the ST.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just when you all thought I was long gone and forgotten about. There will be a hand off to a proper build thread eventually.

Some exciting new in our household, last night my wife joined the Focus community. We purchased a brand new 2017 Focus ST in Race Red with the ST2 package. She wanted to get away from a "mom car" and into something fun. The Race Red ST2 is what she wanted so we began working a deal, they made an offer that was impossible to refuse on top of what Ford's current incentives are. There seems to be a shortage of 2018 ST2s in the Kansas City area, she didnt want a base ST1 and ST3s are too over priced for what you get, aka used RS money. That is why we found and worked a deal on a left over 2017.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can you give me a rundown on what to expect? I'm considering test driving this weekend and just don't know what to expect. I've had a few STI's and my s4, but feel so hyped up over this car I don't want it to be an extreme letdown.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you give me a rundown on what to expect? I'm considering test driving this weekend and just don't know what to expect. I've had a few STI's and my s4, but feel so hyped up over this car I don't want it to be an extreme letdown.
If you are test driving an ST be prepared for the torque! What are you test driving and ST or RS? What trim level?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts