Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you have ever been in any cruze you would know that a focus st is a far better vehicle. And if you have eyes you can see how ugly that thing is.
It's even more of an economy car than the ST's are.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chevy really needs to make a cobalt SS successor with the Cruz and get in on the hot hatch market. The cobalt SS had a very potent power plant that was plagued by being in a car with a horrible chassis and interior.

I'm far from being a Chevy fanboy but last I checked, they ranked a lot higher than Ford in recent JD power surveys...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was really excited when I heard they were making a hatch. Then I finally saw one in person and was extremely disappointed. Interior looked cheap, the car sat super high and they put in a gross 1.4 liter in it. Was really hoping for something better! No where close to being as cool as a ST!!!

·
Registered
2017 ST1
1,030 Posts
Until they offer it with a 2.0T, I see no point in looking at it. (And I think they're stupid not to, btw). I've already owned two Focus Titaniums and found myself wanting more power. But I do love that they're offering it in orange.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was excited when Chevy announced they were reviving the Malibu...only to be completely disappointed by this:
View attachment 199201
HEYYY, that was my first car that I ended up trading for my ST. An amazing car that I bought and never had a single issue with! when I took it in for trade it was close to 200K! (But I do know what you mean too haha)

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
Chevy really needs to make a cobalt SS successor with the Cruz and get in on the hot hatch market. The cobalt SS had a very potent power plant that was plagued by being in a car with a horrible chassis and interior.

I'm far from being a Chevy fanboy but last I checked, they ranked a lot higher than Ford in recent JD power surveys...
Horrible chassis? The turbocharged Cobalt SS was the fastest FWD car in the world around the Ring until last year when the new Type-R topped it. These things had an LSD, Brembo brakes, launch control, flat foot shifting. They were seriously impressive for the time.

I will give you the interior though, absolute trash. haha.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Horrible chassis? The turbocharged Cobalt SS was the fastest FWD car in the world around the Ring until last year when the new Type-R topped it. These things had an LSD, Brembo brakes, launch control, flat foot shifting. They were seriously impressive for the time.

I will give you the interior though, absolute trash. haha.
I have a vendetta against them for the fact their quality control lacked to make up for the performance, but the SS (turbo of course...the sc is slow as get out) is a seriously mean car that even to this day whoops our STs stock. They just break often, but parts aren't too hard to find since they are a Cobalt after all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I sat in one of these at the auto show, didn't much care for the looks, and I'm not a chevy fan at all so maybe im a little biased. That being said the one they had there was pretty loaded, and i was like cool how much, it was ST3 money. I don't remember the exact dollar amount but it was touching 30 grand

·
Registered
660 Posts
Chevy Cruze you say...

Some Adult Words--NSFW

1 - 20 of 54 Posts