Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2016 RR ST back in July of last year, after selling my silver 14. When I I had the silver one I was insanely spoiled (though I didn't realize it at the time) at how low maintenance it was. Sure I had stone chips because ford uses some strange combination of paint and paint thinner (ha) at the factory. But other than that I just washed it and waxed it by hand and looked pretty. Fast forward to now and the race red model is a completely different story. I feel like have a black car. To top it off it's like 112 out everyday here in the summer until October, so it's not much fun being in the sun washing it and caring for it. Recently I got a bug, and decided to place a large order from the chemical guys. I bought pretty much everything they offered including a nice DA. I thought "if im going to do this, I'm going to do it right ...or atleast right by an amatures means". Anyway, today we had a pretty nice monsoon and it cooled down to the low eighties, so I decided I start a project. As you can see from the pictures I decided to compound the pillars (which looked awffffful btw) and polish and seal them. I used a clay bar, then V34 with an orange pad, then v38 with with a white pad, and then applied jetseal by hand. I haven't seen it in the day light yet but under my harsh garage lighting and the camera flash you can see a vast improvement. I'm very happy with the results and if anyone has any questions about the process I used please let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I should probably do mine, or wrap them. I hate the spider web look on them.
They were like that from day 1.

Reactions: Pantera

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried the Chemical guys polishing compound and a less expensive da and was reasonably pleased on the results for my wife's 2012 Focus titanium. Then after several years of detailing several cars, I got a Rupes da, pads and polishing compound for my 2016 kona blue ST. This da/product slashed 5 hours off my detailing time. Rupes is expensive, but the long throw and great polishing compounds make the process much faster. Jet seal and then pinnacle carnuba wax makes the car sparkle with a deep shine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts