Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16’ st3
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not entirely sure why my valves are this bad, guessing it had something to do w the first owner. took some pics while installing mishimoto OCC. walnut blasting was gonna be for my 100k maintenance, guess it’s gonna come a lil earlier 😅
Automotive tire Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Water Tire

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Direct injection things... lol I've seen posts on here from relative young engines already getting gunked up. The blasting will be a great maintenance item. Glad to see you being proactive and taking a look!

How many miles are you at now?

·
Registered
16’ st3
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Direct injection things... lol I've seen posts on here from relative young engines already getting gunked up. The blasting will be a great maintenance item. Glad to see you being proactive and taking a look!

How many miles are you at now?
88k, still young depending on how you look at it lol. got an appointment for next month at a subie shop.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,031 Posts
Ya know... you could install a WMI kit and clean them as you drive. ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
There are valves in there? J/K lol. MASTER BLASTER those bad boys!! 2 man enter 1 man leave..... have em do b4 and after shots and post em up!

Reactions: germbone

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ya know... you could install a WMI kit and clean them as you drive. ;)
So true - kept mine pretty dang clean. 4port aux and meth maede em shiney lol. Man I hope i dont ever have to do that to the civic IM is on the back of the motor.... :( OCC went on early and WMI is coming as soon as I see a good deal on a used kit.

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts
Damn im at 98k and going to be cleaning mine likely for the first time this weekend. It looks like it might take longer than i thought lol
Get some gun bore brushes and use a drill on low speed after soaking the valves in alcohol for 20 to 30 minutes.

44/45 caliber brushes are bigger diameter, but I don't think they will have the needed reach.

·
Registered
16’ st3
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey @oVrKiLL , there ARE valves in there after all lol. this pic is post-walnut blasting.
Blue Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

if anyone is in the phoenix az area that needs walnut blasting at a decent price, hit up rich from RAworx. he said mine were among the worst he’s seen, and “up there with the BMW’s” …. lmao. also told me i should get a pcv side oil catch can, even tho i already have a ccv catch can. every video/forum i’ve read about the pcv side tells me it’s not worth it to buy since it barely even catches any oil tho, so i guess we’ll see. as of now i’m just happy that my turbo won’t explode on me lmao, but the next time you guys see me is when i get some bc extreme lows w swift springs 😈

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
hey @oVrKiLL , there ARE valves in there after all lol. this pic is post-walnut blasting.
View attachment 405969
if anyone is in the phoenix az area that needs walnut blasting at a decent price, hit up rich from RAworx. he said mine were among the worst he’s seen, and “up there with the BMW’s” …. lmao. also told me i should get a pcv side oil catch can, even tho i already have a ccv catch can. every video/forum i’ve read about the pcv side tells me it’s not worth it to buy since it barely even catches any oil tho, so i guess we’ll see. as of now i’m just happy that my turbo won’t explode on me lmao, but the next time you guys see me is when i get some bc extreme lows w swift springs 😈
Looking good brother!

Reactions: germbone
1 - 15 of 15 Posts