Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just installed my new fswerks intake air box. I already had the hardpipe installed but used the stock air box and wanted to upgrade. so I installed new air box and accidently drop the map sensor before it got put in. it looked fine and seems to drive just fine but now I have 2 codes that came up. I have a p0113 and a p0114. intake air temp high output, and intake air temp intermittent. I think it could be from dropping the map sensor so I ordered a new one and I'm going to put in on tonight and see what happens. I dunno if anyone else ever had the problem but I tried looking for mkIII st's with the code and nothing came up. let me know if anyone has any feedback
thanks josh

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
hey guys I just installed my new fswerks intake air box. I already had the hardpipe installed but used the stock air box and wanted to upgrade. so I installed new air box and accidently drop the map sensor before it got put in. it looked fine and seems to drive just fine but now I have 2 codes that came up. I have a p0113 and a p0114. intake air temp high output, and intake air temp intermittent. I think it could be from dropping the map sensor so I ordered a new one and I'm going to put in on tonight and see what happens. I dunno if anyone else ever had the problem but I tried looking for mkIII st's with the code and nothing came up. let me know if anyone has any feedback
thanks josh
Yeah I'm leaning towards damaged MAP sensor myself. It makes sense, they are all so crazy sensitive. Report back after the replacement, I anticipate that's what it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the results are in, after finding out that the ASE certified tech that graduated from tech school but hasn't worked for a auto shop in 5 years forgot to plug the MAP sensor all the way in. so needless to say I need to check all my work twice before I'm finished lol. so the end result looks like the owner made the mistake :crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts