Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's not one thing or another. My FOFO ST threw an error code this morning and started running rough and shut itself down. It started fine again then didn't idle right. Then started back up. It ran fine all the way to work. I'm hoping that maybe it was a piece of trash running through an injector and was nothing serious.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did the CEL go away when you restarted or did it persist?

Take it somewhere to get the code read. It could be all sorts of things major or minor. Without the code it is all just educated and not-so-educated guesses. Speaking from personal experience, mine did something once due to a bad MAF sensor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the CEL go away when you restarted or did it persist?

Take it somewhere to get the code read. It could be all sorts of things major or minor. Without the code it is all just educated and not-so-educated guesses. Speaking from personal experience, mine did something once due to a bad MAF sensor.
It didn't go away after I restarted. But it ran fine afterwards. I plan to get the code read on my way home. I'm thinking it may have been a bit of trash go through the injector.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a chance to have it plugged into. It came up P1459 and P2196. I had them cleared since it's ran fine since then. I've noticed that when I give it a little throttle while sitting still I get a click when in returns to idle. It didn't do it before the codes caused the CEL.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Those codes are related to a bad evap purge valve. First code is for the evap switch malfunction. Second is the O2 sensor stuck rich which could be caused by the purge valve. The car thinks there's a vacuum leak because of the stuck open purge valve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those codes are related to a bad evap purge valve. First code is for the evap switch malfunction. Second is the O2 sensor stuck rich which could be caused by the purge valve. The car thinks there's a vacuum leak because of the stuck open purge valve
That's where I'll start. I think I found it and it's under the intake tube. I'm attaching a picture of what I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also if I blip the throttle over 3k there's a click like pop and it idles rough then returns to normal. I'm running a Steeda Symposer delete

·
Registered
740 Posts
Why dont you take it to the stealership?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts