Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First of all I have done my best to search the forum and web for helpful answers to this question to no avail. I have a 2016 ST1 and my check engine light has come on. I attempted to find the DTC code through the TEST menu interface with no codes found. I am at 11k miles and am due for an oil change. Is the oil change indicator the check engine light? Is the self DTC check reliable? I have seen that there are other status messages by looking through the forums that pop up but i wasnt certain if that was exclusive to other models. There are no noticeable performance changes nor were there any events that prompted the light. I just turned it on to go home from work and it was on. Earliest i can get it to the dealership is Monday.

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
You could stop at your local auto zone or other auto parts store and they should have a code reader you could use.

I've never used the test menu for checking engine codes so I can't comment on it's accuracy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You'll need a code reader in order to see the actual code(s). If you're still stock and under warranty, just take it back to the dealer for inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts