Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I have a check engine light after everything is up and running.
Codes as follows:
P0135 (this pops up first, its the upflow sensor)
P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire
P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire
P0304 (cylinder 4 misfire
I did have a P0316 but that didn't show up on the Auto Zone scanner, but i'm taking that as a grain of salt, however the Access Port read's the P0316 (misfire after 1000 revolutions) so i'm going off of that.
Let's go through what i've had done shall we?
Accel coil packs, new crank sensor, new ITV 24 plugs, internals, PVC system, oil catch can, wiring harness was not touched except for the recall splice, catless down-pipe with exhaust system, EFR turbo and pipes, battery cables tightened down.
ECU just has Stratfield tune on it. (thank you)
Exhaust smells rich, but with no smoke coming out of it. I assume its do to the break in tune.
Going to change oil here in a few days.

Thank you for reading! Comments, questions, suggestions always welcome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As the title states, I have a check engine light after everything is up and running.
Codes as follows:
I did have a P0316 but that didn't show up on the Auto Zone scanner, but i'm taking that as a grain of salt, however the Access Port read's the P0316 (misfire after 1000 revolutions) so i'm going off of that.
Accel coil packs, new crank sensor, new ITV 24 plugs, internals, PVC system, oil catch can, wiring harness was not touched except for the recall splice, catless down-pipe with exhaust system, EFR turbo and pipes, battery cables tightened down.
Exhaust smells rich, but with no smoke coming out of it. I assume its do to the break in tune.

Damn sorry to hear this...What year is your ST?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Codes as follows:

I know you have been going round and round with this car... Have you done a compression check or a leak down check since you got the car up? I don't remember if it was posted in the other thread. Also have if you are looking at the apv3 what does the knock count show any? When you do an oil change in the next day or so like you said you were going to you will be able to see if anything shiny in it... hopefully there won't be any.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: I was able to get rid of all the P0300 codes on the car, no more misfires! Idles much smoother and the exhaust note is consistent again. I'm embarrest to say I forgot to tighten down the Accel coil packs on Cyl 3, and cyl 4.
Only code that remains is the P0135

·
Registered
862 Posts
UPDATE: I was able to get rid of all the P0300 codes on the car, no more misfires! Idles much smoother and the exhaust note is consistent again. I'm embarrest to say I forgot to tighten down the Accel coil packs on Cyl 3, and cyl 4.
Only code that remains is the P0135
At least the problems are getting worked out, were you running any kind of mixed fuel before that could have gunked up the upstream sensor even though it is normally the down stream that will take a ****, and double check that the connectors snapped together.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I was thinking I might need to weld a defouler onto the Full race down-pipe but it already has one. So maybe fuel could be the culprit for the code?
I wouldn't know that I have always ran a defouler in the upstream but I am gtx with a depo catless. I know when I removed the down pipe when I swapped turbos there was tons of soot that built up in the defouler. It's a shame that the upstream o2 is like 200 and the down stream is like 35 bucks. Has stratified been able to look at any logs of the stft and ltft? That should be able to help you narrow down if it is actually the sensor that is giving you problems.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts