Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my car for about 3 1/2 months now and a check engine light suddenly came on one day after work. About 2 months ago I installed a turbosmart bov with no issues. Not sure if that will be the problem now. I also noticed a slight loss of power in performance as well. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the code read and get an answer on what the issue may be.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah without a code, not a whole lot we can do. I am going to follow this post, I will see what I can do once your get the DTC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had that problem with mine at about 10k. There is a TSB for the gas tank vent. It seems the gas tank doesn't vent properly and causes the gas tank to actually start to implode on itself and crushing the fuel pump and sending unit. Mine was laid up for a week because they had to order parts but they gave me a loaner so it was all good.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Had that problem with mine at about 10k. There is a TSB for the gas tank vent. It seems the gas tank doesn't vent properly and causes the gas tank to actually start to implode on itself and crushing the fuel pump and sending unit. Mine was laid up for a week because they had to order parts but they gave me a loaner so it was all good.
jeesh

·
Registered
768 Posts
How can you say it sounds like another misfire code, lol?? I could be anything. I had a CEL aready as well and everyone said that. It was a stupid vacuum leak. Let's get a code first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright guys so I finally got a chance to get the code scanned. The code that appeared was "p0459" and it seems to be an emissions problem. I didn't reset the code cause I want the dealer to check it out. I'm still under warranty so hopefully I can get it fixed with no issues. I will also be putting on the stock bov as a precaution.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Probably needs a purge valve.

Let us know what fixes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts