Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Are the OP’s Pistons going to visit the moon?

• Through the moon and into Pluto 🚀

• Simple fix.

• Buy the civic. LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals!
I want to start by saying this is my first post on here and I have spent the past 2 days contacting friends, searching forums, watching YouTube. I can’t find a fix.

So here’s the story. I woke up yesterday morning and started the 13 ST. She threw a check engine but ran fine so I took her to autozone for a read. Here are the codes.
-P0113 intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high input.
-P0010 intake camshaft position actuator circuit
-P0013 exhaust camshaft position actuator (circuit/ open (bank 1).
-P0135 O2 heater circuit.
-P0443 Evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit.
-P0141 O2 heater circuit (bank 1, (Sensor 2).
(SOME OF THESE CODES WERE READ X2)???
83,000 ish miles.
I did have catless downpipe
Intake
AP
I removed them.
Mods:
Cobb Rmm
Damond passenger
K&N filter
Spec stage 3 clutch & STEEDA assist spring
Cpe cold side with HKS routed to intake manifold.
Stock BOV is blocked off
Colder plugs.
STEEDA short shift plate
Muffler and resonator delete (stock down pipe)
There is more I forgot.

Okay also while I was in the drive thru I had the AC on 3/4 and it blew hot. I freaked out, grabbed my food from the nice lady and looked up to see my ST was almost overheated. I threw the heater on full blast and drove about quarter mile before she went back to normal temps.

So autozone says RePlAcE ThE MaFs which apparently our car doesn’t have. (We have 3 MAP/ MAP T sensors? Lol)
I’ve asked a few friends that are mechanically inclined and they basically told me to Embarrass myself on here. They want to see me suffer on this forum 😹

Thanks for the read, sorry it’s long! Haha I have a bike but it’s my only other form of transportation (the ST is simply for going to the store/ road trip in style, I usually don’t drive like a dick). That’s reserved for the bike.

I don’t need another 2003 Audi A4 1.8T
HEEEELLLLLP
😢

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
Homie you need to take a better picture than that LOL! These old @$$ eyes can't make a single one of those out.

J

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
Not to defend the nice auto parts people but they were half way correct. While our cars operate off of a speed density system the code P0113 is referring to the air intake sensor which is integrated into the MAF in the N/A focus.

But starting at very basic stuff here. Coolant level & age. Thermostat. Water pump. Is the engine leaking or smoking? The basics first and always.

Welcome to the site. Hopefully we can keep you out of that civic.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to defend the nice auto parts people but they were half way correct. While our cars operate off of a speed density system the code P0113 is referring to the air intake sensor which is integrated into the MAF in the N/A focus.

But starting at very basic stuff here. Coolant level & age. Thermostat. Water pump. Is the engine leaking or smoking? The basics first and always.

Welcome to the site. Hopefully we can keep you out of that civic.
Autozone has never done me dirty. I will check water pump and thermostat tomorrow and update here. Coolant is new and good to go👌🏻 Absolutely no leaks from my engine. 100% no smoke. I would pick up on these signs right away. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Make sure your. O2 are plugged in. You said the down pipe was removed. Maybe the o2 were not plugged in all the way. Pull maps and clean them. Pull battery cable to reset. Turn on ac and if you have ags. They should open.if not that you overheat issue. Zip tie open or pull the slats out. They just snap in.

·
Registered
994 Posts
So all these codes threw simultaneously? THOROUGHLY inspect the wires harness (all of it) for rodent damage. You have codes pertaining to 5 volt and 12 volt circuits, so I'm not immediately thinking they're related to a part failure. Take the airbox out as well if it helps you see better.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm calling out Battery issue. How old is the battery? All of these codes and more can be thrown simply for low voltage. Its possible you could even overheat being as our fans our electric and if your voltage was so low that it couldn't kick them.on until you started driving and moving air over the engine and possibly kicked the amps up on the alternator your temp started to drop. I'd lean seriously towards a battery. Now I'm alil curious tho do you have record that all the splices and crap for the genwon were completed by a Ford dealer?

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
If you would like I would be more that happy to post the diagrams for these circuits. Double check your ground points as well. Mine had 7 miles on it when I took delivery and I spent the first 4 hours cleaning up all the ground points. The assembly line is about speed not precision.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So are you a cop? Asking because of your signature/ is that what you mean by recovered? As in injured?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
No that means I spent a decade of my life raising other people's children and enforcing certain laws that I personally felt were ridiculous LOL!

We need law and order as a nation, but laws also need them to constitutionally based, equally applied and enforced with common sense. (Unfortunately common sense is so rare nowadays it's considered its own super power.)

I still work in law enforcement (just not in a sworn position) as a way to serve the community and my fellow brothers and sisters but I will always be the first to call out (explictive deleted) cops and other people that abuse their power.

This will be the first and last time I really want to discuss this here publicly as I want my posts relevant to the topic at hand, but truth be told I was a Shi** cop. I did my job using both my heart and my head. I always describe my job as the "balancing the rights of the individual against the rights and safety of others" and not as a revenue generator writings BS tickets so the chief can look good for the council members.

*End rant. LoL!

Thanks for asking. If I can ever help you out here with something please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do whatever I can.

Have a great weekend and Stay Safe!

J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make sure your. O2 are plugged in. You said the down pipe was removed. Maybe the o2 were not plugged in all the way. Pull maps and clean them. Pull battery cable to reset. Turn on ac and if you have ags. They should open.if not that you overheat issue. Zip tie open or pull the slats out. They just snap in.
AGS are removed grill is shaved. Plug is zip tied off safe. I’ll check the O2 sensors today as well. Maps are out I cleaned them yesterday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So all these codes threw simultaneously? THOROUGHLY inspect the wires harness (all of it) for rodent damage. You have codes pertaining to 5 volt and 12 volt circuits, so I'm not immediately thinking they're related to a part failure. Take the airbox out as well if it helps you see better.
Yes car was running fine when I parked it, I got all of these codes in the morning. Air box is out I did see some wiring that looked iffy behind the battery so I’ll have to pull it out and take a look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm calling out Battery issue. How old is the battery? All of these codes and more can be thrown simply for low voltage. Its possible you could even overheat being as our fans our electric and if your voltage was so low that it couldn't kick them.on until you started driving and moving air over the engine and possibly kicked the amps up on the alternator your temp started to drop. I'd lean seriously towards a battery. Now I'm alil curious tho do you have record that all the splices and crap for the genwon were completed by a Ford dealer?
i don’t have a record lol I did the VIN check and there was only one recall but not for wiring. Battery is fairly new however it did sit for a few days last week and die so I had to jump her. I’ll have it tested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you would like I would be more that happy to post the diagrams for these circuits. Double check your ground points as well. Mine had 7 miles on it when I took delivery and I spent the first 4 hours cleaning up all the ground points. The assembly line is about speed not precision.
That would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
Currently I'm in the forest that used to be my backyard half considering calling in an air strike and have them JDAM the entire thing! I keep threatening to astroturf everything but sadly I hate vacuuming more than I hate mowing.

I will attach the diagrams as soon as I get inside. If your battery has died unexpectedly then you either have a load greater than the ignition off draw of 300 mA or you have a cell failing in you battery. While age does play a factor in the life of a battery they are still a manufactured item that can fall inside the acceptable percentage of failure for the accountants.

Pull the battery and have it checked out. Remember a good battery that hase fallen below 12 VDC is considered completely discharged.

I'll post that stuff you are soon.

J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Currently I'm in the forest that used to be my backyard half considering calling in an air strike and have them JDAM the entire thing! I keep threatening to astroturf everything but sadly I hate vacuuming more than I hate mowing.

I will attach the diagrams as soon as I get inside. If your battery has died unexpectedly then you either have a load greater than the ignition off draw of 300 mA or you have a cell failing in you battery. While age does play a factor in the life of a battery they are still a manufactured item that can fall inside the acceptable percentage of failure for the accountants.

Pull the battery and have it checked out. Remember a good battery that hase fallen below 12 VDC is considered completely discharged.

I'll post that stuff you are soon.

J
Take your time! I just found out the pin from my shift linkage is halfway out again and one of the screws holding my short shift plate on must have fallen out. I tried to find another bolt and all the hardware stores and it’s nowhere to be found. I’ll have to wait until Monday when the nut and bolt shop opens. Hopefully they will have one! I should have called in a JDAM on my Audi 😒 could have bought one with the amount of money I spent on her. Battery is good to go. Just checked. I actually enjoy vacuuming 🤷‍♂️ Thinking about starting a car detailing business when I get out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys! How important is the small hose behind our stock intake? It connects from the back of the engine to the intake. This may or may not have been connected. 🙃 also I’m pulling my plugs and coils now that my front bumper and a ton of other stuff is off lol just to make sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh no... first plug I pulled is white. I’ll be checking oxygen/crank/cam sensors. And replacing fuel injectors. Thinking about just bringing her in for a proper diagnostic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts