Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Looking to do a budget big turbo build. I'm looking at the gt2860rs kit (I'll be happy with 310-320 whp)

My question is what to do about the bov. Has anyone ever just bought a flange and welded it on the stock charge pipe? I'm looking for the cheapest option. Tial bov preferred

What does the majority of the big turbo crowd use with their atp kits?

·
Registered
313 Posts
A wastegate and blow off valve are two entirely different things. However; yes, you can weld a flange to the stock charge pipe. Most of us just buy a charge pipe with a bung for the blow off valve

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you buy those?

·
Registered
613 Posts
cheapest... get a steel weld on bung and put it on the stock hot side pipe.

I'm running a turbosmart vee port pro. It's very compact, pretty cheap, vents plenty, uses a similar vband connection and is not loud/obnoxious

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The nice thing about the Forge is it's a dual piston meaning there is a piston that is closed during idle and cruising in vacuum. You can just get the BOV and weld it to the stock hotside charge pipe.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...58-external-bov-charge-pipes-under-500-a.html
What spring did you use with it? I think we are going to be running the same turbo 2860rs? Also did you use the vacuum source from the symposer delete to power it? I think I will just get this and have the shop that puts my turbo kit on weld this to my stock hotside pipe. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
What spring did you use with it? I think we are going to be running the same turbo 2860rs? Also did you use the vacuum source from the symposer delete to power it? I think I will just get this and have the shop that puts my turbo kit on weld this to my stock hotside pipe. Thanks for the idea!
Yellow with one shim. It comes with all 4 springs and 2 shims

1 - 8 of 8 Posts