Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ouch^^^

I think the look is cool, however I wouldnt use tape to do it.
If there an option to get this done professionally then I think its a good idea.
Playing around with new ideas is never a bad thing

Reactions: Stasiu

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch^^^

I think the look is cool, however I wouldnt use tape to do it.
If there an option to get this done professionally then I think its a good idea.
Playing around with new ideas is never a bad thing
Yea i would be willing to do the same. I just figured for 5 bucks you can't really go wrong lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a stupid question at all, one I asked before as well. The idea behind it is that it serves as a visual indicator which tells the driver exactly how much the front wheels are turned. Generally something used on the racetrack, so it's really not all that practical. I just think it's cool

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what's the functionality? Seeing if your steering wheel is straight?
not stupid at all... and yes that is the reason... because some people need a indicator on the wheel to tell them their car is going straight?

I find it to be a functional gimmick. I find it hard to believe you are going to be looking at your steering wheel at any time to tell if your wheel is pointed in a curtain direction.

I can see the looks factor, it looks cool. otherwise all the big race car names wouldn't do it. right?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what's the functionality? Seeing if your steering wheel is straight?
not stupid at all... and yes that is the reason... because some people need a indicator on the wheel to tell them their car is going straight?

I find it to be a functional gimmick. I find it hard to believe you are going to be looking at your steering wheel at any time to tell if your wheel is pointed in a curtain direction.

I can see the looks factor, it looks cool. otherwise all the big race car names wouldn't do it. right?
I agree the way it looks probably has a lot to do with its popularity (also a reason I like it) but i never Imagined actually taking my eyes off the road to look at the wheel, but rather seeing it out the corner of my eye. At any rate i like the way it looks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks good, just, would love a real professional version... Maybe a plastic "heat shrunk" ring you could install. I'd be all over it Tape is tacky, and looks like a quick racetrack DIY thing. I would prefer something more "factory" looking. Like it really belongs there.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Looks good, just, would love a real professional version... Maybe a plastic "heat shrunk" ring you could install. I'd be all over it Tape is tacky, and looks like a quick racetrack DIY thing. I would prefer something more "factory" looking. Like it really belongs there.
Get a SS tuning steering wheel?

SS-Tuning Individual 4-spoke anatomic steering wheel Ford | SS-Tuning Individual 4-spoke anatomic steering wheel Ford | Online shop of auto accessories SS tuning

·
Registered
660 Posts
Reactions: Unfitproduct
1 - 20 of 22 Posts