Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. I'd consider this if it didn't already come stamped with the RS logo since I'd have to spend extra money having it shaved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw a post of a guy on Facebook with one. Said the fitment was perfect but for the price he couldn't complain. Filling the RS logo would only require some bondo and paint! Im going to be ordering one here in the next week or so. Will post pictures and review :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would like to see how it looks installed.

That's a good price! My spoiler was a little over $53k Canadian, but it came with a 2017 RS attached. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
For 129USD I'd be tempted to try it! Anyone got close up pictures of this specific ebay one installed to confirm fitment?

In the meantime the 20$ BMW lip spoiler does a good job at spicing up the rear wing but the RS spoiler definately is sexy! Wonder if it would clear the roof/fork mounted road bikes rear tires though!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd honestly prefer to save up and purchase the Rally Innovations wing. Go big rice!!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
For 129USD I'd be tempted to try it! Anyone got close up pictures of this specific ebay one installed to confirm fitment?

In the meantime the 20$ BMW lip spoiler does a good job at spicing up the rear wing but the RS spoiler definately is sexy! Wonder if it would clear the roof/fork mounted road bikes rear tires though!
You got a link to that 20 dollhair beamer lip spoiler?? I want one but 160 bucks from Maxton is just nuts for that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got mine from extremeautosports.com, the fit and finish are excellent. The price has come way down, I think I paid $199 for mine. At $129 this is a steal!

I think It's an exact replica of the Ford RS wing, steel inserts and all. And it won't blow off at 150MPH+ :smile:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
RSwing1.jpg
RSwing3.jpg

So you cant complain for the price. I needed some rubber washers for the bolts that mount to the car due to the provided bolts being too long and inturn made the fitment too loose.
Filled the RS logo, plainted the end wings, and wrapped the main center, uprights, and base plate in "dry carbon".

Its been on for about 3-4 months without issue, and I like it a lot.

Anyone seen these or better yet bought one yet.

For 2013-2017 Ford Focus 4D HB RS Style ABS Plastic Rear Trunk Wing Spoiler Lip | eBay

They are obviously made in Chine but if fitment is good this would be a steal for under $300.
Saw a post of a guy on Facebook with one. Said the fitment was perfect but for the price he couldn't complain. Filling the RS logo would only require some bondo and paint! Im going to be ordering one here in the next week or so. Will post pictures and review :)
I would like to see how it looks installed.

That's a good price! My spoiler was a little over $53k Canadian, but it came with a 2017 RS attached. ;)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
**** paint on the wings was polished out after the 2nd photo i posted, the clear coat wasnt very happy with the cold weather but its much much smoother now. *****

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
**** paint on the wings was polished out after the 2nd photo i posted, the clear coat wasnt very happy with the cold weather but its much much smoother now. *****
I was going to comment on this, but it sounds like there's been improvements made :p edit: Looks amazing (aside from that)! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
This is a sad post to make, mostly frustration. The Cheap Amazon/Ebay wing I purchased has developed 4 pretty serious cracks in it, after only a few hundred miles of driving. I must assume they are from downforce pressures, as none of these cracks were present before paint, or after installation.
I was very careful not to overtighten any fasteners.

The first and second main cracks go from the passenger side across the mid riser and into the center of the wing.
There is another light crack forming in a similar place on the drivers side but it is too hard to photograph.
The 4th crack is on the driver side mid riser itself.

I'm not sure how well these show up since they are hard to photograph

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is a sad post to make, mostly frustration. The Cheap Amazon/Ebay wing I purchased has developed 4 pretty serious cracks in it, after only a few hundred miles of driving. I must assume they are from downforce pressures, as none of these cracks were present before paint, or after installation.
I was very careful not to overtighten any fasteners.

The first and second main cracks go from the passenger side across the mid riser and into the center of the wing.
There is another light crack forming in a similar place on the drivers side but it is too hard to photograph.
The 4th crack is on the driver side mid riser itself.

I'm not sure how well these show up since they are hard to photograph

Bummer man! You should call or email the seller and see what they have to say. I'll check mine out now that you've posted this but I think I'm good. No issues up to 150.

When I got mine the seller emailed me before and after to make sure everything was good.

Good luck man.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Bummer man! You should call or email the seller and see what they have to say. I'll check mine out now that you've posted this but I think I'm good. No issues up to 150.

When I got mine the seller emailed me before and after to make sure everything was good.

Good luck man.
Glad you are having better luck than me. I am at a loss here. Not sure what the hell happened with mine to cause this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts