Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! This may be a long first post so my bad >.< So i have had my ST3 for a little over two months now. I have put about 1500 miles on it, taken it one a local curvy road trip, and really enjoyed figuring out what this car can do. Over the past two months i have figured out what i want to do with the car Mods wise. May end goal is to have around 300WHP and make this car a monster daily. With this, I'm not looking to be the fastest car on the road or shoot to outrun an RS or anything. Its just from my experience and the feel of this car that is what i believe to be the sweet spot for me.

Now, ill say this from the beginning. I don't want an RS. I have had the chance to drive a couple, one modded a little one stock. I didnt get that same fun feeling like i did when i found my ST. The RS just feels like I am concentrating too much about getting through each corner as fast possible. Whereas the ST it just puts a big smile on my face and makes me just have fun.

So, with all that out of the way, i am building a list of parts i am going to need to get me to where i want to be. Everything will probably be bought part by part because if i bought everything at once my wife would probably lose it and kill me in my sleep. Below is my parts list and my initial thoughts on where i want to get it or if i dont know yet lol:

tune/accessport - ordered today from stratified
intake - was thinking either the roush or COBB. any opinions on either for these or any other brand?
front mount intercooler - was considering mountune or COBB thoughts?
exhaust - ford performance exhaust
downpipe - undecided yet
brakes - RS Front brakes
wheels - undecided
tires - undecided
shifter - undecided
turbo - need opinions
rear motor mount - CPE Stage 2
Suspension - undecided

Ok so tahts what i have built out so far. Would love some feedback from anyone to help come to a conclusion on what parts a recommended for each part in the list. And if i missed anything please let me know! If you read all of this....you are a rockstar

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Intake- cpe or injen
Fmic- depo
Dp- depo
Shifter- boomba shifter with breedt arm. Don't forget the bushings

Carbon fiber accents add power as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Intake- cpe or injen
Fmic- depo
Dp- depo
Shifter- boomba shifter with breedt arm. Don't forget the bushings

Carbon fiber accents add power as well.

Depo intake as well... it is just a tube... why does it cost $300+? the box does nothing... if you want looks then ok, the COBB full carbon fiber kit is pretty amazing if you like carbon fiber bits

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys! ill go check out the depo and boomba stuff real quick. Also...car has the stock carbon fiber accent kit. so already ahead of the game on power XD

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I went catless because there's no emissions testing where I live. There's probably a slight power difference as well.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
yeah I have emissions. wonder if I should just stick to having a cat just in case lol
If you have emissions you need to find out how they test. If it's visual then they look under your car and see a cat..and see no check engine light..and you pass. If you have a cat but have a CEL then you don't pass. If you don't have either then you're good. They also check for the color of the smoke

If you live somewhere where they hook you to a sniffer to see your smog levels...you are probably going to fail even with a high flow cat...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have emissions you need to find out how they test. If it's visual then they look under your car and see a cat..and see no check engine light..and you pass. If you have a cat but have a CEL then you don't pass. If you don't have either then you're good. They also check for the color of the smoke

If you live somewhere where they hook you to a sniffer to see your smog levels...you are probably going to fail even with a high flow cat...
well here they have always just hooked up the plug and went on their way. never seen them actually check. plus I have friends who run emissions tests so I honestly think ill be ok. ill plan to go catless. what do I do about that cel?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
well here they have always just hooked up the plug and went on their way. never seen them actually check. plus I have friends who run emissions tests so I honestly think ill be ok. ill plan to go catless. what do I do about that cel?
CEL can be eliminated with 2 methods.

1- Get a defouler. Look it up on google by typing "site:focusst.org defouler" and you'll see a ton of results from us

2- Get a tune. Tuners disable the code so it doesn't illuminate for bad readings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

1- Get a defouler. Look it up on google by typing "site:focusst.org defouler" and you'll see a ton of results from us

2- Get a tune. Tuners disable the code so it doesn't illuminate for bad readings.
thats simple enough. guess when the time comes ill have to talk to stratified

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts

Wont pass an OBD inspection hook-up without O2 sensors ready and functioning.

Im a fan of catless with a defouler. As long as you don't get all sensitive over the smell.

JBR>Breedt arm

Depo FMIC

Not a fan of Depo DP, or intake.

Not a fan of Cobb intake either, it has proven to be a PITA when doing other installs and maint. Leaning towards the JBR at this point.

There are TONS of threads on here about all these parts. So read up, and don't mod yourself in to a corner.

Reactions: nafsucof

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Wont pass an OBD inspection hook-up without O2 sensors ready and functioning.

Im a fan of catless with a defouler. As long as you don't get all sensitive over the smell.

JBR>Breedt arm

Depo FMIC

Not a fan of Depo DP, or intake.

Not a fan of Cobb intake either, it has proven to be a PITA when doing other installs and maint. Leaning towards the JBR at this point.

There are TONS of threads on here about all these parts. So read up, and don't mod yourself in to a corner.
You're right, my mistake. I was thinking visual again. Unless his "friend" pretends and cuts him a break the tune doesn't hide it if they hook it up to OBD2. Just buy the defouler. You can get one for like $12 lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so what is everyones opinion on suspension? leave it as is? is there any major benefit? what I'm trying to do is keep the car and its fun feeling the same. is there any major improvement that will keep it as such?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts