Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about switching my factory gauge faces with some custom ones. Has anyone tried this and knows how to start taking apart the gauge cluster area? Some diagrams would be immensely helpful!

·
Administrator
10,670 Posts
I was thinking about switching my factory gauge faces with some custom ones. Has anyone tried this and knows how to start taking apart the gauge cluster area? Some diagrams would be immensely helpful!
No idea, if you had a 13/14 there's a few part outs that could yeild a donor cluster for your mad science experiments.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, if you had a 13/14 there's a few part outs that could yeild a donor cluster for your mad science experiments.
Its a 2015 but I think the gauges are the same between the 13/14 and 15+ Its just the center screen that is different. Correct me if I am wrong though

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Administrator
10,670 Posts
Its a 2015 but I think the gauges are the same between the 13/14 and 15+ Its just the center screen that is different. Correct me if I am wrong though
Hmm, you may have something there. If the gauges are the same size, you could work out the kinks on a junker cluster, then try not to wreck yours, lol.

Carry on, ST pioneer.

I may look into this. If I come up with anything I will post it up here.

Sub'd

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, you may have something there. If the gauges are the same size, you could work out the kinks on a junker cluster, then try not to wreck yours, lol.

Carry on, ST pioneer.

I may look into this. If I come up with anything I will post it up here.

Sub'd
I like to try new things others haven't :) Check out my other thread on relocating the ignition switch if your into that kinda thing. Good idea to test it on a junk one first. Hopefully someone will have some diagrams for that part of the car!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm doing an acid etch of a new face for the speedometer on a custom bike. It doesn't need holes for lights, but using really thin metal and leaving it in the acid long enough might eat through for light holes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing an acid etch of a new face for the speedometer on a custom bike. It doesn't need holes for lights, but using really thin metal and leaving it in the acid long enough might eat through for light holes.
Nice! I have a shop that would make me the custom gauge faces, i just want to make sure I can get to the factory ones easily and without damaging anything.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reactions: Bryman13

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Cool idea. I did that to a CB7 Accord many years ago, definitely gives it a unique look. I'll be watching to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool idea. I did that to a CB7 Accord many years ago, definitely gives it a unique look. I'll be watching to see how it comes out.
Yea I am just waiting for Blackcat to release faces for the 2015+ models

1 - 16 of 16 Posts