Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed out my shift knob and I am getting those three lights on

I put a weighted shift knob on and was checking if it went it reverse and other gears. Turned the car on to make sure it actually shifted and drove. Lights went on. I just rolled forward in my spot and rolled back. I turned the car off and opened the door to really turn it off. Even locked it and unlocked then started again. Lights still on

I haven't actually drove it yet. I've heard the lights can turn off

When I was checking the first time for reverse my shift knob was a bit tight and there was a click in the shifter as I moved left out of neutral before heading forward. I loosened the knob a turn and it went away but lights didn't.

I have:
AP
filter
Rmm
Weighted shift knob
37k on a 2017

Tl;DR
Installed weighted shift knob. Abs, traction, ebrake light on

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,156 Posts
Did you take anything apart or literally just unscrew old knob and screw on new one?

Does the reverse lockout still work?

Assuming you get into reverse, backup lights come on?

Any other recent work, incidents, or strange symptoms?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had a similar issue but was working in the car with the acc on, I just the drove the car and they quickly turned off.

If it was just a knob, you couldn’t have damaged the t/c button wires, so give it a short drive.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Disconnect your negative battery cable, and put it back on after about 10 minutes. Fire the car up and see if the lights are still on. BTW, how old is your battery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just unscrewed and screwed back on, yeah!

Turns out everything was fine. I took it for a drive and it sorted itself out.

The battery is as old as the car, just about 4 years

I saw someone else on here that had an issue after replacing the shifter with a short shifter. Its either coincidence and we both had bad batteries or some part of the shift linkage has something to do with the traction control electronics

It was very strange. The shift knob is from billetworkz and is meant for the ST. Everything is cool with it now. Thanks everyone for the responses. I was pretty paranoid lol

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,156 Posts
Glad it's working. 🙂

Probably about time for a new battery. Don't forget the obscure BMS reset procedure if you replace it. Also take time to clean connections and check/clean harness grounds.

Time to replace battery?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts