Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to send out the BT and EWG pipe for ceramic coating before popping it in.

What all should I ceramic coat on it? Just the hot side?

Would it make sense to have the cold side done just to protect from corrosion? What about the elbow (again, I assume it would only be to protect from corrosion ... if that's even needed).

Lastly, just the outside, right? And the ceramic used on the hot side would be different from the cold (to support the heat difference, I assume)?

Thx!

· Vendor
528 Posts
The coldside of the turbo, better known as the compressor housing is almost always cast aluminum, so that isn't going to corrode.

If you're wanting to get stuff ceramic coated, then the turbine housing, "headifold", and downpipe will be most important to get done.

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oof ... forgot about the downpipe.

Would it be worth it to do it all or should I just do the turbine housing?

I'm guessing the "headifold" is the turbo elbow, yes? Or is that the elbow going from downpipe to the turbo itself?

Guessing that anything exhaust will be touching, I should have done while everything else can be skipped? Would it make sense to have them done or should I skip?

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I just need to do the hot stuff, yeah?

Do I take the turbo apart then? I assume it's just a matter of unbolting, properly storing, and then rebolting once I get it back?

And only the outside? The place that I'm taking it to said it's up to 2mils thick (not sure if that matters if they did the inside too).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts