Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for one of these?

I'm looking for something that I can mount on or around the dash so that I can see Google maps and other stuff like that. And preferably with some easy and not ugly way of connecting a charger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use a Kenu Airframe which I really like. It's a vent mount phone holder, so that's something to keep in mind as I know not everyone likes those. It's small and relatively discreet, can be easily removed if you want to, and can be used with one hand. Also, you don't need to stick something to the back of your phone and/or use a case (which is a consideration for magnetic mounts).

If you have a big phone, Kenu also makes an Airframe+

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm curious about the CD player slot type mounts. Seems like a good idea since I use Sirius and Bluetooth streaming for music.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm curious about the CD player slot type mounts. Seems like a good idea since I use Sirius and Bluetooth streaming for music.
I had a Mountek nGroove a few years back and it worked well, but eventually the latching mechanism broke :\

I feel like this type of mount wouldn't work well in the ST, though, as it would obscure the touchscreen. I guess this is less of an issue if you don't use it, but I do use mine so this would bug me.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I use magic mount for the dash and window
I also use the Scosche Magic mounts... in the ST, I use vent clip version, clipped in to the lowest part of the drivers center vent, this keeps it nice and close to the USB port in front of the shifter and can be reached with a 6" cable, and since they are magnet mounts all i have to do is let the phone touch it and it doesn't move until I pull it off. also with them being low profile and flat, they dont look bad or out of place with nothing on them.

also use two of these in the wifes escape (one on each side for each of our phones) and a flat double stick version on the center console on my Lincoln LS, even have one on my toolbox at work.

https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGV...4637&sr=8-2&keywords=scosche+magic+mount+vent

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a phone case in my car with a "popclip" on the back, and you can get a popclip mount and it'll stick just about anywhere. Pop clip is $10 on amazon, and the mount is $10 as well. So $20. Just an option

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
While more expensive than the other options I've seen, I got a Kuda mount for next to the radio (KUDA OEM leather iPhone GPS Mount for FORD FOCUS (since 2012) black). I wanted a mount that didn't stick out weirdly and ideally looked like it came from the factory that way. Before I installed the mount I went to Home Depot, grabbed some magnets, and glued them in the back of the mount. I put some washers on the back of my phone and now I have a magnet cell phone mount that doesn't even look like a mount.

Cell_Mount_Magnets.jpg Cell_Mount_NoPhone.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
This one is by far the best I've used.

http://a.co/7Fe033R

I have a 2013 and the center left vent is the best and only place to mount it. It obstructs the stereo source input buttons a bit but there's still enough room to press the buttons. The best things about it are the small size, strong magnet grip, usable with one hand, it's not dash mounted to block visibility, and the power cord can be connected easily.

You can't go wrong with it. I'd pay double for it. That's how much I like it.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Personally I went and got this little guy after a friend turned me onto it. Since then, seems like it's slowly spreading across SoCal and catching on in popularity. Sure, you have a little magnet on your cell phone but it sticks to anything magnetic and doesn't fall off, period. I've had mine on for over a year and I use it when working on the car, stick it up under the hood with music going and bam, perfect. As for the mount, I have it on the radio trim piece right by the "source" button for the radio.

Steelie Car Mount Kit

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the Ram mounts for quite a few things, either my trucks have the suction cups, i also have hard mounted 1in balls on Motorcyle handle bars, dashboards, and extra arms.
I went this route because you can use the 1in ball for anything...GPS, Mirrors on bikes, Cell phone holders, I even have Sony Action cam, and Gopro mounts for them..
its more to get into up front but def worth it in the end....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts