Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before I take this beast to a shop - and I really hate to take it anywhere and I don't trust the original dealer, I have a 2013 Focus ST with 160k miles on it. Recently one morning I was driving to work and the CEL came on. No change in how the engine was running, runs and idles smoothly.

So I whip out my tablet with Torque Pro and my OBDlink MX and found these codes. So far, I have not found any leaks or loose vacuum hoses and everything seems solid. Likely running lean due to the MAF/MAP problem. I know this beast has more than one MAP sensor and I have yet to figure out how to get Torque Pro to show me the sensor values the ECU is seeing.

Has anyone else had these two codes come up and if so, any suggestions how to fix it without just replacing parts until it goes away (or I make it worse!)?

Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Ok, before I take this beast to a shop - and I really hate to take it anywhere and I don't trust the original dealer, I have a 2013 Focus ST with 160k miles on it. Recently one morning I was driving to work and the CEL came on. No change in how the engine was running, runs and idles smoothly.

So I whip out my tablet with Torque Pro and my OBDlink MX and found these codes. So far, I have not found any leaks or loose vacuum hoses and everything seems solid. Likely running lean due to the MAF/MAP problem. I know this beast has more than one MAP sensor and I have yet to figure out how to get Torque Pro to show me the sensor values the ECU is seeing.

Has anyone else had these two codes come up and if so, any suggestions how to fix it without just replacing parts until it goes away (or I make it worse!)?

Thanks folks!
Hmmm. Do you have a oiled filter? Have you cleaned it lately? Check and make sure you MAP sensor on your intake is getting correct voltage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm....I do have an oiled filter - a Green Filter. Looks ok but I'll check that and see what I find. Thanks for the suggestion. Only about 10k on it but I live in the stix on a dirt/gravel road. Should have been obvious to check that. I'll give the sensor voltage a check. I'll just need to find what voltage(s) I should see where.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts