Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Going on 2 weeks of ownership, & 1,400 miles, I decided to play a CD. It won't load, & I verified by the onscreen message, that there is no CD loaded. Guess; I need to check the manual... But; this is usually a straight forward procedure. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now; don't I just feel silly.
I lifted the CD up & it loaded. I didn't realize the lower part of the opening was a wall. Ha!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not trying to be a smartass, but I didn't know people still had cd's.

Lol and for a second I thought we'd stumble upon some great gimmick that ford pulled on us by installing a cd player that just acts as a cell phone mount.

Reactions: ST_Fan and HBGeek

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol! Oh yeah! I still have a lot of CD's.
A few years back when I began buying records again, I sold a bunch. But; I still have some. :)
I'm using Android. I need to get some music back on my phone now, too.
I am enjoying Sirius, however.

As far as loading this morning, I was plain missing the slot! I was just following the path, so I thought. It's when I raised it, I found the slot. Ha!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not trying to be a smartass, but I didn't know people still had cd's.

Lol and for a second I thought we'd stumble upon some great gimmick that ford pulled on us by installing a cd player that just acts as a cell phone mount.
You are a smartass.....many people, me included, have hundreds and thousands of CD's collected over the last 35 years or so. We don't automatically turn these into a file on an iPhone or thumb drive, we may just grab a couple we want to listen to, and go. You are obviously a young millennial, or even younger. Relax, the world is actually different than you believe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lol! Oh yeah! I still have a lot of CD's.
A few years back when I began buying records again, I sold a bunch. But; I still have some. :)
I'm using Android. I need to get some music back on my phone now, too.
I am enjoying Sirius, however.

As far as loading this morning, I was plain missing the slot! I was just following the path, so I thought. It's when I raised it, I found the slot. Ha!
Lol yeah, I'm not trying to make fun of ya! I had a ton of CD's back in the day. I would have that huge-ass binder full of them in my car. I've just discovered that there are so many apps out there that pretty give you access to any song you've ever wanted. I think pandora is coming out with a premium service for $10 a month where you can download any song you listen to on it. So you could just get on wifi and amass a collection of music in a couple hours prolly.

You are a smartass.....many people, me included, have hundreds and thousands of CD's collected over the last 35 years or so. We don't automatically turn these into a file on an iPhone or thumb drive, we may just grab a couple we want to listen to, and go. You are obviously a young millennial, or even younger. Relax, the world is actually different than you believe.
I apologize if I made you so upset that you needed to respond. I tried to make my post light-hearted enough so it wouldn't make people angry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Slightly on and off topic but I use cd's too. I've noticed in both my 2015 st and 2016 escape if I'm driving for more than hour or so with the heat on....it is winter and cold here....the cd player says it's overheated and won't play.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I read it as the cd wasn't being read not pulled into the drive. Yeah I think it also inserts at an slight angle.

Sent from another garage.
That's where terminology is everything. The correct first post would have been "help I can't get a cd to even load into my CD player"

let me add so it makes more sense, because I lost my thought process in translation.....

what I meant by this was, he used too many words and you got confused..LOL I do the same thing at times, its like we read it but process something completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I often forget that I even have a CD player in this car now that CDs phased out so much. I still regularly burn DVDs at work for vendors to have temporary access just to piss them off because they can't have a free flash drive for about 30 seconds worth of work hehe.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My CD player is used as my cell phone mount. I have never used it and never will. Spotify, Soundcloud, Pandora, etc. is all I need..and the sweet sweet sounds of my ST.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
My CD player is used as my cell phone mount. I have never used it and never will. Spotify, Soundcloud, Pandora, etc. is all I need..and the sweet sweet sounds of my ST.
Spotify Premium officially replaced my radio/Sirius (which still needs cancelled) because it's way better and way more worth it. I just get pissed off sometimes when I tell my car "Bluetooth audio" and it doesn't recognize my phone or what I said like 2 or 3 times.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I often forget that I even have a CD player in this car now that CDs phased out so much. I still regularly burn DVDs at work for vendors to have temporary access just to piss them off because they can't have a free flash drive for about 30 seconds worth of work hehe.
I will do this and/or throw files on the smallest flash drive it'll fit on... like a 512mb drive or something unusable by them.. just because i'm an ass..LOL

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Spotify Premium officially replaced my radio/Sirius (which still needs cancelled) because it's way better and way more worth it. I just get pissed off sometimes when I tell my car "Bluetooth audio" and it doesn't recognize my phone or what I said like 2 or 3 times.
Oddly enough I only use the voice commands for calls. I haven't tried saying "Bluetooth audio" in a while, but it worked fine when I last did. Sadly sat elite radio has pretty great content, but awful sound quality. Spotify is decent on quality and has an enormous library.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Oddly enough I only use the voice commands for calls. I haven't tried saying "Bluetooth audio" in a while, but it worked fine when I last did. Sadly sat elite radio has pretty great content, but awful sound quality. Spotify is decent on quality and has an enormous library.
i refused for the longest time to pay for a monthly music subscription.... but we got spotify as a family and i've really really enjoyed it. I don't need to buy music any more and for me that's great because i love something for about 2 weeks and I wear it slap out.. then i never listen to it again.

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Just got off the phone with Sirius (my sub renewed 4/1 so F* that) and let me tell you how determined they are to keep you. She said "you know what I can give you the same promotion of 5 months for 24.99" and I said no thank you and she continued to bring up the deal FOUR TIMES when I said "I'd like to decline that deal please ma'am, I'd like to end it right now because I listen to it like twice a month like I just told you." I stayed polite the whole time and she got mad at the end and said "Sir you realize I'm giving you a half price deal with 2 free months? Why wouldn't you take that?" So I repeated that I've listened to it twice in the last month and she put me on hold and got all my ID numbers and read them way too fast with her accent so I had her email me them. Smh. Got $3.39 check coming in the mail for the remaining 15 days this month though LOL

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Just got off the phone with Sirius (my sub renewed 4/1 so F* that) and let me tell you how determined they are to keep you. She said "you know what I can give you the same promotion of 5 months for 24.99" and I said no thank you and she continued to bring up the deal FOUR TIMES when I said "I'd like to decline that deal please ma'am, I'd like to end it right now because I listen to it like twice a month like I just told you." I stayed polite the whole time and she got mad at the end and said "Sir you realize I'm giving you a half price deal with 2 free months? Why wouldn't you take that?" So I repeated that I've listened to it twice in the last month and she put me on hold and got all my ID numbers and read them way too fast with her accent so I had her email me them. Smh. Got $3.39 check coming in the mail for the remaining 15 days this month though LOL
I went through this for years and at one point I got two consecutive 6 month blocks for FREE! I was at a highly discounted rate for over 3 years because I would call to cancel and then would keep it for cheap. So many people are bailing on satellite radio they they are doing anything to keep you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Now; don't I just feel silly.
I lifted the CD up & it loaded. I didn't realize the lower part of the opening was a wall. Ha!
???? I was doing the same thing ?? I can install go-fast parts but can't load a CD without a tutorial lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts