Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im tuned now and wanna do next big mod. Only question is what is more pratical for more power. Intercooler will cool down charge air thus making better low end torque but a catless dp will help letting the turbo breathe

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
That seems opposite. The FMIC will provide almost as much gain from what what I've seen of the results, but with far more repeatability due to the better charge cooling.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i hear good up high hp gains with the catless dp, but these cars heat soak so bad that im wondering if having a catless dp will just negate itself when i make hard pulls in summer with my charge temps being northwards of 150 degrees

·
Registered
77 Posts
intercooler...

If you run a tune, or plan on running a tune you will need it to run a stage 2 map, dp is needed for stage 3.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Well that would be ideal, and I'd do it if I didn't already have a Money Pit thats still down for Winter. But Big Money Pit will be Epic Money Pit as soon as I get it on the road.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
on a dyno and in a data log the intercooler looks better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If i didnt just buy the cobb ap3 and blow of valve i would buy it. Hopefully you have it when inhave the money

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would you still recommend an intercooler over the DP in cooler climate areas? It rarely gets out of the 80's in the summer here.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Would you still recommend an intercooler over the DP in cooler climate areas? It rarely gets out of the 80's in the summer here.
Yes, definitely. Remember the air hitting the hot side of the intercooler is 200+*F when hard on boost and that tiny intercooler heatsoaks quickly. A better intercooler will make in a difference in all climates.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts