Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple weeks, I am planning on install my new parts. I have a Levels performance intercooler and charge pipes, and I purchased one of the CJ Pony parts catless downpipes. Right now, I have a Cobb Accessport and I'm running the Stage 1 OTS map. Has anyone had any experience with running an OTS map and using a catless downpipe. I didn't know if the CEL would come on? And if so, what tuner could I turn to have the CEL removed from a tune?

Thank you,

Andrew

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Any of the tuners here can turn off the CEL. Be advised if the tuner disables the rear o2 code and your jurisdiction requires a plug-in emissions test, you will probably fail as you'll have multiple monitors not ready.

The CEL will come on IIRC with the Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes. The Stage 3 should disable the rear o2 code and also match your mods. With that much work done, you'd greatly benefit from a custom tune.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, are you saying the Stage 3 OTS map would work fine with the mods then? I do plan on going with a custome tune, I just wanted to use the OTS map as a temporary map until I find a tuner. Any recommendations that you might have for a tuner?

·
Registered
660 Posts
So, are you saying the Stage 3 OTS map would work fine with the mods then? I do plan on going with a custome tune, I just wanted to use the OTS map as a temporary map until I find a tuner. Any recommendations that you might have for a tuner?
Stage 3 will work for what you are going to install, but you will still want to run datalogs to check and see if you're running safe numbers.
The Cobb OTS maps are really bad about surging all the boost right off that bat at really low rpm. Making the power delivery really not linear at all. This can kinda kill your daily driving experience with the car.
Stratified Tuning on here will sell you a map that is tailored to your mods for just $50 and kill that dtc as well. Their maps have much better power delivery and I'm really happy with them.
For $200 they will do a full tune that will make the most power you can make with your mods.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Stage 3 will work for what you are going to install, but you will still want to run datalogs to check and see if you're running safe numbers.
The Cobb OTS maps are really bad about surging all the boost right off that bat at really low rpm. Making the power delivery really not linear at all. This can kinda kill your daily driving experience with the car.
Stratified Tuning on here will sell you a map that is tailored to your mods for just $50 and kill that dtc as well. Their maps have much better power delivery and I'm really happy with them.
For $200 they will do a full tune that will make the most power you can make with your mods.
Let us know what we can do for you @Hoffman1339
if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
more info can be found here:
Focus ST Stratified Flash Tune [Stratified Focus ST Flash Tune] - $50.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

Focus ST Stratified Custom Tune [FocusST_Tune] - $200.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

·
Registered
964 Posts
Any of the tuners here can turn off the CEL.
How do you do this.. ive searched but yet to find anything.

I am using the AP Stage 3 OTS map with the MBRP catless DP and still getting a Check engine light for the O2

·
Registered
7,330 Posts

I am using the AP Stage 3 OTS map with the MBRP catless DP and still getting a Check engine light for the O2
You'll need the ATR software or a custom tune with it turned off. Only do this though if you don't have a plug-in emissions test. I thought the Stage 3 file removed the MIL. Guess not.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Use an anti fouler. Google it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I thought the Stage 3 file removed the MIL. Guess not.
I figured I needed a custom tune or the software. I read that line about the Stage 3 tune a few places and was thinking I was missing something where I could just turn it off.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts

You'll need the ATR software or a custom tune with it turned off. Only do this though if you don't have a plug-in emissions test. I thought the Stage 3 file removed the MIL. Guess not.

I've heard reports of people running the new v312 stage 3 map and getting o2 codes where they did not on the previous version. This may be similar case

·
Registered
964 Posts
That's the tune Im am running too

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I've heard reports of people running the new v312 stage 3 map and getting o2 codes where they did not on the previous version. This may be similar case
I wonder if Cobb received some heat on that.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts

That's the tune Im am running too

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.
I would suggest 2 things. Firstly, if you have any concerns about COBB OTS maps my suggestion would be to contact them directly. Secondly get a Stratified Flash tune, we'll turn it off for you :p
I wonder if Cobb received some heat on that.
we all have

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
I just reflashed this morning with an updated Startified tune. Can't speak highly enough for the work there do.

Would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just reflashed this morning with an updated Startified tune. Can't speak highly enough for the work there do.

Would highly recommend them.

leave the O2 sensor monitor active and run a defouler. I can go in for my annual inspection and pass on a stage 3 tune. Just did two weeks ago. I also recommend with a custom tune getting rid of the annoying shift light and tuning out the Rev hang. Much better shifting when you're driving hard without the Rev hang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts