Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking off from a stop I get some pretty bad vibration. I can feel it in my foot almost like a grind feeling. When I get back under and look, are there any specific areas I should be checking. Is this common?

I have a depo catless paired with stock catback

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Make sure none of the rubber mounts came off.... or upgrade the mounts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
did you install it? they hold the down pipe and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this in another thread but not sure exactly what he means by the down pipe hitting the down pipe bracket. Anyone?

"Ok after chasing my tail around for a few weeks I figured it out. The downpipe was rubbing the downpipe bracket when taking off. I loosened up the vband clamp and pushed the downpipe up as far as I could and re tightened it back up. Only drove it around my neighborhood but the vibration is gone now."

·
Registered
406 Posts
Downpipe bracket where the exhaust and downpipe connect. The hangers will rub. Mine did

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I found this in another thread but not sure exactly what he means by the down pipe hitting the down pipe bracket. Anyone?

"Ok after chasing my tail around for a few weeks I figured it out. The downpipe was rubbing the downpipe bracket when taking off. I loosened up the vband clamp and pushed the downpipe up as far as I could and re tightened it back up. Only drove it around my neighborhood but the vibration is gone now."
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...ipe-rattle-issue-video-confirming-source.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have boomba rear motor mount with rdc hanger and have vibration on initial acceleration. This never happened before with oem hanger. It was just torn. Any suggestions would help.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which Mapp are you Running?

Downpipe bracket where the exhaust and downpipe connect. The hangers will rub. Mine did
I'm about to Install the MBRP 3" Catless DP, but do not know which Mapp to Flash to the ECU. Which Mapp would work with the Catless DP so the ECU doesn't throw a CEL?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm about to Install the MBRP 3" Catless DP, but do not know which Mapp to Flash to the ECU. Which Mapp would work with the Catless DP so the ECU doesn't throw a CEL?
Stage 3 is the only one that has that option.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Cobb downpipe the passenger side support was so long it was touching the crossmember in front of the rubber mount. Cut off disk and it's 1/2 shorter now.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Bro, that vibration is horsepower. Everything will be ok :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, so I have a catless downpipe and my exhaust is straight piped all the way to the. Back. When Im stopped at a stop sign going up hill, I hear a really bad rattle and can feel it through my clutch petal. Only thing is I cut my down pipe hangars so they wouldn't hit my cross member. What else could it be??? It only happens when I'm going up hill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine do the same vibration when take off.

i thought that the problem was the exhaust tight when i installed the catless dp .

also i have cobb exhaust mounts.

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same issue after installing a Depo DP. Checked the prongs and they were leaving plenty of space to the subframe. Eventually it went away, the ST gods may have paid me a visit.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Another spot to consider is the flimsy crossmember about 6" back from rubber finger mounts, my mechanic notched mine and eliminated the rattle (easier than playing with the evil dp/turbo connection.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Another spot to consider is the flimsy crossmember about 6" back from rubber finger mounts, my mechanic notched mine and eliminated the rattle (easier than playing with the evil dp/turbo connection.

I had to completely remove mine for my exhaust to clear. I can't push it up high enough to get it on. I was wondering if any of TB performance had a brace for there that would clear.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I had to completely remove mine for my exhaust to clear. I can't push it up high enough to get it on. I was wondering if any of TB performance had a brace for there that would clear.
You could always shim it, stock or TB's crossmember.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts